Is my boss hitting on me?

crazythoughts

I'm almost sure I may be reading too much in to this, but since these thoughts do pop up in my head every now and then I just want to make sure.

My boss is a fantastic manager, has a great reputation of being one. He is super approachable and everyone loves him.

Now the deal is that he jokes around with me a LOT. Sometimes they tend to be jokes about personal quirks. He started this whole joke about how I must be out drinking every night. It started as a harmless joke and caught on (everyone knows it's a joke)..but he would turn any situation in to that and then tell me he likes that I'm such a sport and that I can take a joke. He notices if I get a new bag and asks to see it. Then joke about how I like fancy things. Once we had a longish meeting. Few days later he commented about how after I left the room it smelt all nice and girly and someone else who came over asked him about it and he said its not me! He said it as a joke and laughed. Rarely he comments about something I'm wearing (but it's always in context to something - like ur wearing this to the office party tonight? )

If I dress up on a certain day, I do catch him look looking at me occasionally.Also I sense he feels bad about it n instantly distances himself as he thinks it may be inappropriate (given he is my boss and he is married)

He is great with everyone on his team. The only difference is that I'm the only girl he talks to this freely and jokes around so much with.

Also there is a lot of non work related witty exchange and smiling and laughing between us.

A part of me feels there is an underlying attraction or slight flirting but mostly I think I'm over analysing cos he is not a letch. He is a great guy and probably a devoted husband.

I can't talk to anyone about this. An unbiased opinion would be super helpful.

He may just enjoy the minor flirting. Most bosses in this day & age are afraid of sexual harassment suits & will not date a subordinate. Unless you get a blunt Q such as Would you like to go out with me? assume it's nothing.