9 months in ... Still FWB

mortensorchid

I have a FWB. I think he would describe me the same way to others, but we are keeping things on the downlow with others. Let me explain, this is long and, I fully admit, rather odd. Whose part it's more odd on, that's for debate, but let me explain ...

I met him, who I will call Jack, about a year ago, in passing we just said hello at some party and I added him on Facebook as a friend of the party host. Weeks later he contacted me through Facebook and asked if I wanted to go to this movie with him, I said ok. After a few weeks, we went to another level, of course. And after another few weeks he said he didn't want to get serious or settle down right now. I said "Ok, if that's the case." In the meantime, I saw others. One I saw for about six months but over time he and I drifted and we aren't together anymore (but that's a separate story), I did not tell Jack this. In fact, there were times I would have the other on Saturday night then Jack on Sunday nights, or vice versa. I have had a few Internet dates here and there, nothing to write home about (save for posting on this forum). Jack told me he was attempting to meet other women by OLD, and there was at least one other woman he was with once. He says he tries to meet other women but they think he's nerdy and weird. I would see why they think that.

He told me a few other things about himself that were ... Odd. Admittedly, he is an odd guy to be sure, but I am an odd girl as well so that's fine. I had posted on this before, that he told me he had never had sex with a woman until he was 29 (he is now 34). Some posted on another thread some rather snarky comments that I am thinking like a woman and I don't know how hard it is for guys to get laid. I admit, truly, I did not think about this fact, and it was, honestly, a moment of realization. He also told me that he's had more sex with me than he has had with any other woman in his whole life. He even said he likes my inverted nipples.

Lately we have had a weekly get together (save for when my monthly visitor is here), we're happy. At least, I am. He said he's happy with me. I met his father once, he brought me to the house to meet him. He talks about the future, he said he thought about how they will react when he brings me to meet his family. I have thought about bringing him to meet mine, but I can't think of anything to bring him there. He makes future plans, he includes me in them. I said "If I go overseas to teach, will you come with?" He said "Maybe..."

Is this strange? What do others think of this?

FWB don't magically change into SOs. The whole point is there are no strings or expectations.

It makes no sense to me that he's talking about taking you overseas. Why would you introduce him to your family? That's for SOs not FWBs. Before you take that step you need to discuss it so everybody is on the same page.

• Like 1
Glinda.Good

Do you want this to be more than fwb? If you do, it's up to you to talk to him about it. If you two are not on the same page about it, I would think it should be left behind.

All I can tell is that he has been very explicit that he wanted to keep his options open and is still looking for someone he thinks is better or whatever and he's been too open about that, in fact. He may be thinking maybe he'll settle for you or whatever, and unless I felt some real affection and consideration and respect from him (rare after an FWB arrangement I'd think), then I wouldn't go marrying him or anything. I would say keep dating others and see if he ever shows any real emotion or if he's like buying a car.

• Like 3
  • Author
mortensorchid

@ Preprah - I agree. It's like buying a car with him. I wish he would be something that he isn't, but ... that's not going to change any time soon. I'll continue what I've been doing, I did see that other guy for a few months (which I am not with anymore) and he never knew about that. I know Jack's been with another woman (from what I understand just the once but if he did ever see any other times I don't know about it). If he is, who am I to be jealous?