Friendship definition

FoolishMan

Hi, I am guessing that this will have different meanings to different people but interested in your takes.

I have been described as a "Very close friend". What would that mean to you?

Thanks.

I'd described someone as a 'very close friend' as possibly an ex - someone I've had feelings for and don't any more (or do, but can't admit it!). Usually though, it's a disguise, I think. "Very close friend" sounds like you'd wink after it - maybe a sex buddy. I never use the term 'very close friend' with someone I was 'just friends' with any how - it doesn't seem like a 'platonic' label to me.

• Like 2
Hi, I am guessing that this will have different meanings to different people but interested in your takes.

I have been described as a "Very close friend". What would that mean to you?

Thanks.

You're not her boyfriend.

• Author
FoolishMan

This is not my girlfriend and deffo not a sex buddy (although I would settle LOL). This is a girl who considers me just a friend (but she means a whole lot more to me). This is the label she has given me whilst describing me to one of her friends ... She does confuse the crap out of me.

Edited by FoolishMan

Do you have a close male friend?

You enjoy their company and care about what happens to them.

She thinks of you the same way you think of a close male friend.

I would accept her friendship and look for romance elsewhere. Easier said than done, I know. You might have to step away from the friendship for a time. Do what is best for you. If she is your friend she will understand.

• Like 2