im confused...shes confused...??

ok...met a girl bout a year ago...we started talking and even dated for about a week until she said she just wanted to be friends....i said fine and proceeded on...well....the thing is we never stopped hanging out with eachother....we were together everyday....went everywhere together....we were insperable...the best of friends...literally.....i asked here out a few times after that but she said she just thought of me as a friend...i couldnt understand it....she would tell me she loved me and always wanted to be with me....i mean..all of our freinds couldnt undertand her either....they always thoguht we were dating but we never were.....we never kisssed...but always flirted....there were times when u know..that ur alone and u almost kiss but then u just dont...we had some of those times...but then....her old BF came back into her life...they got back together.....and she completely shut off any contact with me for 8 months....not a word....just as i had finally accepted the fact i would never really speak to her again she all of a sudden text messages me on my birthday on a secret name so that no one would know who she was...she told me how much she missed me and how she thinks about me constantly and how she misses all the things we used to do....she keeps telling me she is sorry for what she did and how she ruined our my life and our freindship....she said she misses me soo soo much and that she loved me and that i was the best friend shes ever had.....she says her boyfriend doesnt let her get near me or talk to me or talk about me or anything....she said everytime they see me he always asks her if she misses me and she told me that she has to lie to him so he doesnt get mad but deep down inside shes screaming to say she misses me so much....but she doesnt...we talked for 4 hours the other night when she messaged me and we talked about all the great times we had together....she said she'd do anything for things to go back to the way they use to be......what is she trying to say to me?? what does she want me to say??? what should i say to her?? im so confused....i mean...if she wanted to be with me that bad then why doesnt she.....i dont understand.....is she scared to tell her feelings for me??

Ask her if she plans on breaking up with her boyfriend any time soon because it's obvious she can't have him and you in her life.

• Author

by the way she talks.....it doesnt seem she is gonna break up with her boyfriend......it just seems she is trying to have both of us in her life.......its just wierd that after about 7 months of no contact she has been texting me for the past 3 days about 3-4 times a day....i dont understand....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

little update....she text me like crazy for a week or so....now....i havent heard from her at all in a week.....i think somethin might be wrong?? i dunno??