My boyfriend treats me like a friend?

Reminiscence

I know we've been dating only for a month, but after all this time I feel like he treats me like one more of his friends. Before dating, we were friends, but not really close ones. On our second date, when we were dating for a week, we hanged out with some new friends that he made at college. That night he was affectionate with me, he wrapped his arm around me everytime we were walking. But after that night, we've been hanging out and he hasn't done that again, he doesn't even hold my hand either. We hang out with friends of both and he always ends up walking beside other friend and talking a lot while I walk behind them listening to the conversation. He hugs me when I arrive or when I leave, but honestly, he always do that with all his female friends, so that doesn't make me feel special. I once told him "It's cold here" and moved closer to him expecting he would hug me or something to make me feel more warm, since I was feeling cold, but he only nodded and kept playing Candy Crush on the tablet. Also he always tells me to do something special when it's been a while since we don't see each other, and we always end up at my home playing a videogame or something. I've thought about holding his hand first but he always has them on the pockets of his jacket so I can't find a moment to do it.

I'm not rushing on kissing him, but I'd like him to be a little affectionate with me. He's a really nice guy but his lack of affection is making me feel like we're more friends than a couple, even though he calls me his girlfriend.

What should I do?

He's more friend than bf. Lol, and ignored you being cold for candy crush. I think if you reread what you wrote, you will even more get that friend feel from this.

You can try and voice yourself to him. Make it known to him, how you feel; this is the best approach, and makes communication prime. Which is needed in a relationship(if you can call this that). Otherwise...dump him. I get a friend vibe. Even though it's only been a month. He ignored your hints for getting close, to play candy crush.

CelticGibson

You need to tell him what you have told us here. Tell him that he's not treating you the way a boyfriend should and that if he's not interested, to be honest so you can go find someone else. Be prepared for him to tell you that you are just a friend and that he doesn't feel the same as you do. Then walk away. At least you will know and can move on to someone who will want to kiss the ground you walk on instead of playing candy crush...

• Like 1

How old are you? I ask because you are on here asking for advice about how to get more affection from your BF but after dating him for a MONTH you say your "not rushing on kissing him". If you haven't kissed him he probably thinks you don't want affection from him.

Next time he hugs you, kiss his cheek or stick your hand in his pocket when you want to hold hands.

• Author
Reminiscence

I'm almost 19, and so does he. I said i'm not rushing on kissing him because if he doesn't even hold my hand or hug me except when I've just arrived or when I leave, i'm afraid about what he will do if I try and make the first step. I've been afraid since when we were only friends, because he once said he was cold and I moved a bit closer to him and he moved away from me, so I don't know how he would react right now. But it doesn't mean I don't want to kiss him, he hasn't tried either. Sometimes I stare at his lips, I thought he would get the message but it seems like not.

I'm almost 19, and so does he. I said i'm not rushing on kissing him because if he doesn't even hold my hand or hug me except when I've just arrived or when I leave, i'm afraid about what he will do if I try and make the first step. I've been afraid since when we were only friends, because he once said he was cold and I moved a bit closer to him and he moved away from me, so I don't know how he would react right now. But it doesn't mean I don't want to kiss him, he hasn't tried either. Sometimes I stare at his lips, I thought he would get the message but it seems like not.

Good gravy. You need to be more sure of yourself and more assertive.

If you try to make the first step, and he rejects all your affection, why would you want to waste more time on him anyway? If you go to kiss him, and he pulls away, is he really your boyfriend in the first place? If you tell him "I want you to kiss me" and he says "No", then you have your answer that he doesn't want the same thing you want, and you can move on to someone who does.

Don't settle for what you are given in life. Stand up and make your life what you want it to be. Tell him what you want. Show him what you want. He'll either step up, or be left behind.

I have a few questions before offering an opinion:

Do you live in a small town?

Has your bf had a gf before you?

Do his new friends have girlfriends?

How did he let you know he was interested in you?

Where did you go on your first date? Were you alone?

How do you know he's your boyfriend? Has he asked you to be his girlfriend? What other things has he done to show interest?

My recommendation is to break up and go on some dates with other guys.

• Author
Reminiscence

The answers are:

1.Yes, i do live in a small town, but he doesn't live here, but in the city. It's a small island so we're like 15 mins far from each other if we go by car, or 30 mins if we take a bus.

2. Yes, he had a girlfriend, I'm not sure about what they did or not (either how mu6ch time did they last as couple), but they're close friends now it seems. This was a couple years ago though.

3. No, they don't. That night we were the only couple in the group.

4. At first a friend of both told me. We hanged out some times before he asked me to be his girlfriend.

5. We went to the cinema and then we were walking near the beach. Yes, we were alone.

And for the other questions, yes, he asked me to be his girlfriend. To show interest? You mean what did I find interesting on him or i'm misunderstanding?