Told my bestfriend I loved him

I have been friends with a guy for about 4 yrs now. We do everything together and have been through alot. He is always there for me when ever I need him even when it comes to little things. We have lived together as friends off and on for the last 4 yrs. We occasinally sleep in the same bed but have never done anything and about a month ago in the middle of the night put his arms around me and I felt so comfortable and made me start thinking alot. I have cared for him for a long time now and I just finally told him that I love him. I had to tell him by e-mail because I am out of the country. Being away made me realize how much I really did care for him. I sent it about a week ago and have not had an reply to it yet. Where do I go from here. What is the next thing I can say to him?

I guess you should just wait and see what he replies to you with. Then go from there.

• Author

No he does not have a girfriend. I am afraid he just can't tell me he feels the same love I have for him. I just need to know what it is that I say to him next time I talk to him.

I'd say, be honest with him. Tell him straight up your not sure what to say but you want to sort through some feelings etc.

Brake that first initial conversation barrier and things usually flow afterwards.

• Author

I will try, but it is that first akwardness that I think I am scared of or the rejection either one. I know we will stay friends no matter what I just don't want there to be an akwardness after this if he doesn't feel the same.

Actually your not in a bad position at all. Even if things don't go the way you'd like them to. He's a friend and should respect your honesty and openness. A true friend will understand and you'll be able to talk through it.

Always be straight with him and he will do the same. Telling him that you love him is a big step. Just relax he will contact you.

I know you are out of the country but i think your best bet is to confront him...call him, email him, write him a letter. Ask him if he got your email....if he said yes tell you him how you feel, exactly how you feel. I was in love with my bestfriend and i missed me chance to tell him...i wish i would have had enough courage to tell him when i had to chance...so you just have to keep trying to get a hold of him. At least that is my point of view.