Is this just a really good friendship ...or does it sound like more?

desperategirl

Hey all,

Just wanted to get some opinions on a great guy friend of mine. I've posted about this situation in the dating forum before, but have a bit more info now.

I've been really good friends with a guy for about a year now. I always really liked him, but was in a relationship when we met. I couldn't get any conclusive signs he liked me, but he's very reserved. There were some body language signals - prolongued eye ontact etc, but nothing really concretee. He moved abroad for work a few months ago, and since then, we've stayed in touch a lot. We are now in touch everyday (initiated by both of us) and talk on the phoen a lot (upto four hours). Next time he's visiting, I am picking him up at the statio, and he will stay with me fro a couple of days.

I sometimes have messages from him when I wale up (he is in a time zone that's ahead). Friednly stuff, like a funny picture or whatever. He has said a couple of things to me where he;s then said he's never told anyone else that before. That made me wonder if he's opening up a bit emotionally.

Anyway, I guess the main thing is the amount of contact we have. Maybe he's just bored, lonely etc, and that's why we talk so mucj, but I'm intersted to hrar if anyone thinks it coule mean more?

Thanks in advance.

Roadkill007

why not teasingly ask him if he's into you or something like that you can laugh off if it goes awry? None of us here are psychic you know :laugh:

I think that is a lot of contact to have with someone with whom one is only friends. I think you should give Roadkill007's advice a try! Good luck. :)

• Like 1

He sounds very interested! See how things go when he stays, that should tell you a lot. If you are still not sure by the end of it, you make the move!

• Like 1
  • Author
desperategirl
why not teasingly ask him if he's into you or something like that you can laugh off if it goes awry? None of us here are psychic you know :laugh:

Ahh if only!! Thanks for your reply!

• Author
desperategirl
He sounds very interested! See how things go when he stays, that should tell you a lot. If you are still not sure by the end of it, you make the move!

Hi, thanks. Yeah, it's going to be soooo much easier to judge in person! It's so hard to tell if it's just a friendship thing, but the amount of contact we have - well, it's a lot. Could be nothing though.

Making the move is so scary! I'd hate to mess upi the friendship.

• Author
desperategirl
I think that is a lot of contact to have with someone with whom one is only friends. I think you should give Roadkill007's advice a try! Good luck. :)

That's what I thought too. Thanks.

He likes you more than many of his other friends. The problem is we don't know whether he is romantically interested in you.

If he talks to you upto 4 hrs it's a good sign. IMO, one can't talk that long to the same person even when abroad and lonely, if he doesn't like you. May be he's wondering what you are thinking about him? On the other hand, feelings can develop with time and can become stronger.

Why don't you stop initiating contact for a few days and see what he does?