Is it a bad idea to go on a week-long foreign trip with a female friend?

Long story short, there is a chance that my good female friend (known her for 2~3 years) and I could go on a trip together. She wanted to go for a trip abroad and I suggested we could go together and she said yes. But she just recently got out of a 8 year old relationship and I am not sure how this would go.

She's a really sweet person and we were very good friends. Here is the stupid part - I enjoyed our friendship and used to think her as a friend/sister but I am sort of concerned what the trip could bring. I am a bit worried I could develop feelings for her during the trip.

I am a guy btw.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by bafflio

Kind of similar situation I guess. A few years ago a two friends of mine and I were trying to decide where to go on a trip overseas. Anyway long story short one of my friends, Friend A was very insistent that we go to the destination he wanted to go to because a friend of his is from that country and would guide us around etc.

So me and my other friend, Friend B thought that didn't sound too bad and agreed. Anyway Friend A had being pining over this girl who was guiding us around for the better part of a decade (they went to high school together). I had never met her before this trip. Though he never admitted it I'm pretty sure he was hoping that he could make her his girlfriend during the course of this trip (of course that did not happen, because they have been "friends" for so long).

Anyway Friend A was being super nice to her, to the point it was making me and my other friend cringe thinking "what the hell are you doing?". She picked up on this and kind of distanced herself from him and started talking to me more. I was not interested in her at all not my type for one smoker which is a automatic deal breaker for me and she was kind of a party girl. Nice person, just not interested in that way.

Friend A got mega pissed because he thought I was trying to make a move on her and the last week of our trip was kind of crap because my friend was in super jealous mode. I pretty much didn't talk to him or her for the rest of the trip trying to avoid drama.

Anyway.. don't know really where I'm going with this. Other than just because she agreed to go on a overseas trip with you doesn't mean anything necessarily. If you like her that is and never told her... she probably doesn't know.

How long ago is "recently"?

And why does it scare you to have feelings for her? Are you worried she won't feel the same?

• Author
How long ago is "recently"?

And why does it scare you to have feelings for her? Are you worried she won't feel the same?

Recently as in like 2~3 weeks ago.

Two fears: 1) Losing the friendship over what could have been a moment of impulsive behavior/feeling, 2) Not being reciprocated too.