Is it possible to get out of the friend zone?

Maceltics21

I know this comes up all the time and most of the people who comment will say move on etc..

Is it possible to get out of the friend zone? If so how? I know someone must have some experience with getting out or knowing someone who did.

I've managed to get out... just once though, and then nevermore. The reason most guys end up in the friend zone is either the girl automatically disqualifies them as potential suitors summarily, or the guy becomes her friend but waits too long to make the move... and his ship has sailed. If you are in the former category, there is no way of digging yourself out of the entrenchment known as friendzone. However, if there was a spark at some point, felt by her, then there are ways of getting her to feel the spark again. First you need to change the way you are around her. If you are her lap dog, or just acquaintance etc... either or, you need to start upping your game. Be more flirtatious. Also do not be subject to her every whim. Be distant, but be flirtatious, and be confident... put on the air that you are hot scheisse. Also, if you can, make her jealous. We all want what we cannot have. The rest is all down to luck, timing, and confidence... did I say confidence, yes I did... confidence is key. Also, timing is key... knowing when to say something, when not to say something, and being able to control yourself without coming off as totally disinterested or as stalkerish.

good luck!

PhoenixRysing

Out of curiosity, how do you know you are in the friend zone? Not saying this is you, but I think many of us assume we are in the friend zone when in fact the other is seriously wishing you would make a move...:love:

• Like 1
  • Author
Maceltics21

I've known this girl from work for almost 2 years. She had a bf at the time so we were distant. We started getting closer during winter break from school. She would come over my house and we would hang out and I broke the touch barrier plus we had deep conversations about life and out future goals. We would make heavy eye contact. She had a bf so I respected that and never made a move.

I would ask about them every so often because they were having problems. Anyway I bought her this gift $60 as a test to see if she would say I only see you as a friend. She loved the gift and gave me a hug. I played the gift off as a thank you thing but she never gave me the just friends talk.

Whenever we would go out for lunch I always paid.

I would often tell her how great I thought she was( which is probably a mistake because I put her on a pedestal)

Her bday came up and I was still unsure of her feelings toward me. I made it obvious and bought her a piece of jewelry. She was surprised and gave me a big hug.

A week later she tells me she broke up with her bf.

I thought everything was going great.

Then i get this text a month later while she's at college saying I'm a great guy and she wouldn't want to lose my friendship.

Another month goes by and I asked her straight out do you think we will be more than friends. She says just friends.

How do I fix this please?

I know this comes up all the time and most of the people who comment will say move on etc..

Is it possible to get out of the friend zone? If so how? I know someone must have some experience with getting out or knowing someone who did.

I know we're bombarded with romantic comedies where the selfish hot chick finally acknowledges her love for her nice-guy best friend but that's fantasy, it just doesn't happen. In reality if she isn't into you from day one she probably never will be and you are wasting your time on her. If you try hard you might end up getting some pussy if she's lonely or bored but that'll be it.

• Like 1

You can't fix it. Sorry to burst your bubble but she doesn't want you, probably doesn't respect you either, just wants you around for emotional support.

Out of curiosity, how do you know you are in the friend zone? Not saying this is you, but I think many of us assume we are in the friend zone when in fact the other is seriously wishing you would make a move...:love:

Any girl who sits there like a bump on a log waiting for a man to do what she wants him to do will be waiting a really long time...

mac, i am in a somewhat similar situation. I'm not as close with my girl friend as you are though, but i do crush on her and yes she is taken (but the relationship seems to be ho hum?)

i will also say as tough as it is, you did the right and honorable thing. i don't think cheating is good because if she has it in her to cheat on her current bf, let's say you become the next bf, who's to say she won't then have it in her to cheat again?

good character cannot be bought, and should be cherished.

i congratulate you for holding back when i know you wanted to do otherwise. chin up. there will be another special girl just for you, mate.

Hard to tell, from my experiences, never! I seen my friends been in love with other of my friends...It never worked out. The one who is in love only hopes for it more and more and more!

In the end what happens is that the one who is in love with the friend only makes selfish an awkward moments to your friends and gets them involved. In the end you can only f...up yours and other friendships.

My advice move on!

I've known this girl from work for almost 2 years. She had a bf at the time so we were distant. We started getting closer during winter break from school. She would come over my house and we would hang out and I broke the touch barrier plus we had deep conversations about life and out future goals. We would make heavy eye contact. She had a bf so I respected that and never made a move.

I would ask about them every so often because they were having problems. Anyway I bought her this gift $60 as a test to see if she would say I only see you as a friend. She loved the gift and gave me a hug. I played the gift off as a thank you thing but she never gave me the just friends talk.

Whenever we would go out for lunch I always paid.

I would often tell her how great I thought she was( which is probably a mistake because I put her on a pedestal)

Her bday came up and I was still unsure of her feelings toward me. I made it obvious and bought her a piece of jewelry. She was surprised and gave me a big hug.

A week later she tells me she broke up with her bf.

I thought everything was going great.

Then i get this text a month later while she's at college saying I'm a great guy and she wouldn't want to lose my friendship.

Another month goes by and I asked her straight out do you think we will be more than friends. She says just friends.

I am sorry you asked her straight out she said just friends....You can't fix it! The only thing you can do is too avoid her and not pay attention to her as much as you have before. Maybe only maybe then it could trigger her to become jelaous or something if she sees you with someone else...