How fast is too fast?

I am friends with a guy online who flirted with me for a couple of weeks in a chatroom we both frequent. Everyone on there knows each other, we have regulars, but as I said he started flirting with me, and one day just kind of like it does, the switch went off that I liked him.

So to the next part....

He and I talked alone and it wasn't a normal conversation. It was very sexual.... We talked again tonight and it was pretty normal and sometimes sexual. I feel disappointed in myself because I feel like I moved too fast (in some ways I'd rather not discuss here). It's the sort of thing that once you've gone there, you can't take it back.

I don't feel like he pressures me into anything of course, not at all (and I have been pressured into stuff irl before). But I don't want to move too fast and have it just be all about sex. I'd like to get to know him. At the same time I don't want to be some internet FWB type chick.

What do I do here? I feel like I'd ruin the flow if I talk to him about it, since we've only talked one on one a couple times now. Also I have no idea what he thinks, and I'd hate for him to be like, "Whoah, I'm just your friend, why are you talking about this stuff?"

I KNOW it seems early to ask this sort of stuff, but I feel like under the circumstances I need some advice.

Edited by dirtysweet