Friends with benefits nightmare

youaremysunshine

youaremysunshine

So a friend of mine is in an open relationship, his girlfriend spend a lot of time abroad.

Basically one night at a party we talked all night and really connected, but we were drunk you know? He asked me home that night but I declined.

He messaged me non stop after that, he keeps ranting and raving about how wonderful I am. Sometimes he texts and facebooks me at the same time!? I guess I like the flattery.

I ended up hooking up with him twice, the sex is amazing and we cuddled all night.

Except now he won't stop asking to see me and I'm really busy and feel uncomfortable about his girlfriend in Germany. He wants to see me every single day and gets emotional if I can't. Last night he was basically begging me to call him saying we need to talk about "us" I really hope he isn't going to suggest that he leave his girl friend because I don't want to ruin their relationship over something that's just fun for me. I told him not to throw what he has away.

This is really stressing me out

Dragonfruit

Well, if he's getting to be too attached maybe just tell him it's not going to work out. If that's what you want to do, I'd just do it now and get it over with and then it's done.

I have to tell you your post made me happy. Almost every time I read about FWB I just feel kind of sick because it seems like it's just made it PC for girls who like guys who don't like them to let them use them (the girl) and keep hoping for more. Not my business of course but it's just got an icky dynamic to it that saddens me. Finally, once, I get to see an FWB where the woman doesn't seem kind of just being used and miserable. Thank you. :)

• Author
youaremysunshine

Yeah I think it's an icky dynamic too, that's why I'm not buying into anything with him. I do really like him. He's fun, cute and um gifted physically.

But I want a real, stable relationship and I know I'm not going to get it from him because:

1) he has a girlfriend, duh

2) he's flighty (willing to drop gf)

3) he's a train wreck partier (see fun)

I am actively looking for a relationship right now, I'm even dating someone I met online. Taking it slow though and he hasn't mentioned getting exclusive or anything. I shouldn't be wasting my time with the first guy. He's just so pushy and the sex is so good.