Potential friends with benefits situation...

I will keep this as basic as I can. Met a girl a few months ago and went on a few dates with her. By the second date we were making out. We only got to 5 dates before she told me she was not looking for a relationship. That is fine, so I disengaged talking with her actively and just lived my life. She would text me time to time "whats up" and "when are we going to hang out". Saw her once in the path month.

Hung out with her tonight and while we were walking she was cold so I put my arm around her to test the waters and she responded by putting her arm around me and eventually holding hands. We stopped walking for a minute and she ended up kissing me. You could tell that she had the "did I just do that?" smile on her face. We ended the night an hour or two later and she told me to text her when I got home. I waited a few hours and eventually texted her.

I asked her what that was all about and she said she has been in FWB situations before and it has never seemed to work out because the guy always ended up wanting a relationship with her. I assured her that it would not happen because I am currently not looking for a girlfriend. How can I show her that it will not be a similar situation?

Sorry.... I can't make sense of your final question....

Do you mean you don't want to be in a FWB situation with her because you're falling for her, or that you DO want to be in a FWB situation, because you feel the same way she does....?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here.....?

• Author
Sorry.... I can't make sense of your final question....

Do you mean you don't want to be in a FWB situation with her because you're falling for her, or that you DO want to be in a FWB situation, because you feel the same way she does....?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here.....?

sorry. I want to be in a FWB situation with her because I am also not looking for a relationship right now. She wants to, but is a little hesitant because she said guys in the past have wanted more than that and it did not work out and is worried that we would not be friends if it ended. I want to figure out a way to tell her that it would be okay.

Just tell her....

"Look, you take the lead and tell me when you want to hang out again... I'm easy about it.... no pressure.... if I'm free, obviously, I'd be happy to reconnect. Up to you."

Don't for goodness' sake, text this.

Talking is better..... and clarify that you are both free to (safely and responsibly) 'see' other people too....

The whole thing about an FWB is that you don't necessarily have to be exclusive.... you're not tied to just one FWB....

Are you ok with that?

• Author
Just tell her....

"Look, you take the lead and tell me when you want to hang out again... I'm easy about it.... no pressure.... if I'm free, obviously, I'd be happy to reconnect. Up to you."

Don't for goodness' sake, text this.

Talking is better..... and clarify that you are both free to (safely and responsibly) 'see' other people too....

The whole thing about an FWB is that you don't necessarily have to be exclusive.... you're not tied to just one FWB....

Are you ok with that?

yes I am okay with it.