I kissed his best friend...

flower_petal

I have a friend (who's a guy) and we have become really close recently. WE'll call him A. He came out of a long term relationship which ended badly. Our friendship turned into something a little more (we've kissed a few times) and I've told him I want to date him. He said he likes me but doesn't want a relationship. We speak literally every day and when he's drunk will tell me that he wants to take me out. Then in the morning he tries to put me off and doesn't take me out. It's really made me miserable!

I went out with his best friend a few years back for a while and I know he still likes me. We'll call this one B.

We were all at a party 2 nights ago and A and B were there together. A was being weird and not talking to me. B and I started talking and A sent me messages about how angry he was I was talking to B. We ended up arguing and A told me that I should be happy and I should go with B. I took this to mean that A was trying to cut ties with me because we got 'too close for comfort'.

I ended up kissing B which was not my finest decision. A was really mad saying that he'd never take me out now and told me never to speak to him again.

I haven't spoken to either of them for 2 days now. I do like B but I don't want a relationship with him as I don't trust him. I like A but I'm upset as we'll never be friends again. My friends and family say I've done nothing wrong as A has had the chance to take me out and continually turned me down.

What do I do? I miss my friend :(