How to make college acquaintance girlfriend

I'm a 20 year old final year college student. I have a crush on a first year girl who isn't attractive in the conventional ways like she isn't slim and all, but I find her really pretty and stylish. But I'm not a "stylish" kind of a person and not very attractive (maybe), though I am tall, not fat, and some people have said that I am handsome too. But I have never had a girlfriend (the only girl I ever proposed, rejected me; in high school). So I don't have any experience, neither do I have the courage to be rejected, since I see a life partner in her. I really need customized advice just for me. Please tell me what to do, as in how to change myself in order to get her (please don't say I should want to be with a girl who likes me as I am because I think that will never happen since I am not attractive in the traditional or expected ways...) and how to gather courage and finally ask her out (I am ready to send all I can on her)...

Your advises and suggestions will be extremely respected and thanked..

You need to work on your self-esteem first and foremost.:)

Are long as you think no one could possibly like you as-is, you will have minimal, if any, success!

Hygiene is also important. Not saying this is you, but this can be a pitfall for more than a few young men. A regular shower/bath, washed hair, shaved face (or at least neatly groomed, trim facial hair), trimmed, clean fingernails and toenails, decent smelling feet, brushed teeth, etc. need to be a priority. Again, none of this may be applicable to you. You tell us almost nothing about yourself.