Ex was interested and now won't be friends as she believes it won't be mutual

I was friends with a girl which later blossomed to feelings and then the possibility of a relationship came up. After several dates we both agreed there was chemistry and we should try. So we did and everything was fine on my side yet she still didn't feel it was right following a bad break up. So I told her I understand and gave it 3 months to blow over and see if we could chat and pick up where we had left as friends. She never replied to my text messages and blew me off. I later found she was leaving and quit her job to go overseas.. no real plan. I thought we were friends so I texted her and still got no reply. I decided to give her a letter stating I valued our friendship and its up to you where you take it. Well 2 months goes by and I decided to send a probing text as up until this point I thought I was supportive and never got angry. I merely said she was running away and that we cannot even have a friendship or go for coffee before she leaves is plain cowardly. Bang I get a long txt saying she never wanted a relationship and was only ever interested in being friends in which she did not feel it would be mutual. I thought I made that very clear previously and noted she came on to me initially and we even got intimate. How can she have twisted it all so poorly. Why has she disregarded her own actions? I shouldn't care but I do.

Edited by Bodie