Is being with him really worth the risk of losing our friendship, Im terrifed.

Im 26 and have been close friends with this guy for 5yrs, He is 34 and from England, im from the US, He and i have always been very close, Traveling to see each other often. Last year he told me he had feelings for me but i had already started dating someone, I was shocked and told him i couldn't risk losing our friendship if we didn't work out and that i couldn't bare not having him in my life. He told me that just being with me is enough for him, that it was just wishful thinking but he just wishes i would settle for him, that he truly believed he could make me happy if i gave him a chance. I've had a history of bad relationship, I seem to attracted idiots. I cant get him off my mind so i surprised him this week when i flew over to see him, I hadn't seem him in over a month, As i have no place to stay he said i could crash at his place til i got myself on my feet, He is a touring musician & he always tells me that he loves having me with him, he tells me he is no good without me.The other night when we were watching tv i asked him about his love life and asked if he had anyone on his mind lately, He said "No, not really just you. I've been thinking about how hot you are." I laughed & called him an idiot then snuggled into him. Although i never thought of him as anything more than my friend after he told me last year how he felt i keep thinking about him. After his bands show the other night he was talking to two chicks, i was sitting at the bar with our friend, He & i kept making eye contact, I'll admit i got jealous so i walked up to him and started hugging him and stayed there til they left, Laying in bed that night I realized i've started to fall in love with him. Some guy gave me his number the other day, although i wasn't interested, When i got home he seen the guys number & looked pissed and started to act weird towards me, then said that maybe i shouldn't stay at his place for much longer, I felt so hurt, He has been acting distant with me and im terrified i'll lose him in some way.I really need advice on what i should do, I've decided to stay in the UK, I don't want to risk our friendship but i know im falling for him, What do i do?

todreaminblue
Im 26 and have been close friends with this guy for 5yrs, He is 34 and from England, im from the US, He and i have always been very close, Traveling to see each other often. Last year he told me he had feelings for me but i had already started dating someone, I was shocked and told him i couldn't risk losing our friendship if we didn't work out and that i couldn't bare not having him in my life. He told me that just being with me is enough for him, that it was just wishful thinking but he just wishes i would settle for him, that he truly believed he could make me happy if i gave him a chance. I've had a history of bad relationship, I seem to attracted idiots. I cant get him off my mind so i surprised him this week when i flew over to see him, I hadn't seem him in over a month, As i have no place to stay he said i could crash at his place til i got myself on my feet, He is a touring musician & he always tells me that he loves having me with him, he tells me he is no good without me.The other night when we were watching tv i asked him about his love life and asked if he had anyone on his mind lately, He said "No, not really just you. I've been thinking about how hot you are." I laughed & called him an idiot then snuggled into him. Although i never thought of him as anything more than my friend after he told me last year how he felt i keep thinking about him. After his bands show the other night he was talking to two chicks, i was sitting at the bar with our friend, He & i kept making eye contact, I'll admit i got jealous so i walked up to him and started hugging him and stayed there til they left, Laying in bed that night I realized i've started to fall in love with him. Some guy gave me his number the other day, although i wasn't interested, When i got home he seen the guys number & looked pissed and started to act weird towards me, then said that maybe i shouldn't stay at his place for much longer, I felt so hurt, He has been acting distant with me and im terrified i'll lose him in some way.I really need advice on what i should do, I've decided to stay in the UK, I don't want to risk our friendship but i know im falling for him, What do i do?

keeping the guys number when you weren/t interested why did you feel the need to keep the number until you got home? Tell him how you feel understand how he feels(imagine it was you finding a girls number) and be hoenst with the fact why you kept it on you to him it was probably a mistake if you had mentioned it before he seen it it might not have been a big deal but he is probably uneasy about it....be honest talk to him and I wish you luck.....clear the air...i wouldn't have taken the number if i wasnt interested you can be polite and not interested next time and let him know you are falling for him...deb

Edited by todreaminblue

Sorry, but snuggling with a guy like that and staying with him is leading him on. That's called being a tease. You know he has feelings for you. Why would you do that? As my dad always said, **** or get off the pot. You don't move across the Atlantic for a platonic friendship...

Get with him and the relationship ends badly, will ruin your friendship.

Not getting with him will also ruin the friendship, because things change when feelings become involved.