Feelings can they be resurfaced?

AppleCinnamon

If you have sex with an ex could the feelings for either of you once had resurface?Even if its been a very long time since youve been together?

Like say after 15yrs..Is it possible after such a very long time?

reasontosigh

Anything is possible. I'm guessing the real question here is not possibility, but likelihood.

Of course, right now only you can answer that question for yourself. I don't think I could speculate about your ex.

It may not be much help, but I can tell you this. When I first moved back to where I am now living (this was about 2 1/2 years ago) I did have sex with an FWB that I had not seen in over a dozen years. I had initially thought that all my feelings had resurfaced, but really when I thought deep down about it, it was more of a confirmation that my feelings had never left in the first place.

We tend to “categorize” who was a great lover and who was a total jerk in our lives. Anyone who can “bring back the flames” is definitely at the top of our list. What and how we felt “back then” is buried deep in our subconscious and it’s like a pass key that triggers the door to open releasing that which was dormant for so long. You even start to remember words and statement you haven’t said in years especially if they were pleasant ones.

I don’t know where you are going with this AppleCinnamin. Are we talking “after” or “before” the fact?