Crush on housemate - arrhh messy!!

I am head over heels in love with the guy I am about to move into a shared house with - we were looking for an empty house together and got along really well with him instantly.

We've known each other for two weeks and we go out drinking together a lot and its been sooooo much fun, but the only excuse I have to talk to him on the phone is about moving into the house and finding other housemates.

We are both single, he's about 6 years older (not an issue you think?) we get along so well, but am i confusing friendship with love? He doesn't know about how I feel yet (I think) and I have been playing it cool. But this is the biggest crush i've had in years!! like butterflies in my stomach all the time and can't look him in the eye...

Do you think I should move into the house and take it easy, ie see how our friendship goes? or shall I tell him now that I have a huge crush on him and see what happens? do you think it will get messy later? I don't want to lose both him and the house, if you know what I mean.

You claim you are in love and yet also claim you have the biggest crush on this guy.

After two weeks it is NOT love.

I would move in and see how it goes, but I mean if it doesn't go anywhere can you handle seeing him in a place he will bring other people?

• Author

yeah you're quite right it could just be the initial excitement about meeting someone you're really really keen on, who knows he might not turn out to be good to live with... but i've never fallen for a housemate before so i might have to see, i do get jealous easily tho that might complicate things i think... but fingers crossed!