I'm a 36 year old women, I might date a 22 year old man.

So I am 36 have four kids and I am divorced. I recently went to a nightclub and met a man. (He approached me.) We started talking and I told him my age he told me mine. I knew he was younger but not this young. We ended up exchanging numbers. He seems very interested in me even after I told him I have children. He is also very cute. Should I consider seeing him? I guess it's kind of like a Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher comparison.

I dated a 20 year old when I was 27. We lived together for a year before he proposed, and I broke it off six months after that. I found him too immature and incapable of understanding what it really takes to form a life together. I always had to be the responsible one and could never depend on him for anything.

Your mileage may vary, but my guess is that if you're looking for a potential father to your children, he's not going to be it.

Good luck,

-A

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I dont think there is a problem with getting to know him my bestfriends mother is almost 40 and is engaged to a 24 year old and they are as happy as ever just give it a shot your both adults what is the worst that could go wrong?:)

• Like 1

Depends on what you are wanting. If you want to have a good time, sure. If you are looking for a LTR, I wouldn't do it. Relationships are difficult enough without adding a huge age/maturity gap into the mix.

The Tallest One

I was ten years older than my ex wife. It didn't affect our relationship for the most part but nowadays I much prefer someone more my age. More in common, usually more on same maturity level which is important. Also, at 22, he's not going to be the best role model for your kids. He simply doesn't have enough life experience to prepare him for it. JMO!

• Like 1

I'm 45ish....had a few dates with a 33 year old man. He was fine, fun, we had plenty in common....so much so that everything he was interested in doing I had already done or crossed off my list so to speak.

I might date a younger man again....but he would have to offer a totally new and different perspective than my own.

SincereOnlineGuy
I'm a 36 year old women, I might date a 22 year old man.

OK, IF you were a guy, we'd say:

"Hubba hubba... make sure you get some of that!"

So...

Hubba hubba, make sure you get some of that!

• Like 1