I want more with a friend-friend has commitment issues

Pebbles5959

A friend and I have had a really close relationship for the past two years. I know he has feelings for me, he has said things like "you're the best relationship that I have ever had" and told another person "she's the best thing in my life". But he has a fear of commitment. I knew that, as a friend, that he does. Due to his family relationships that haven't worked out and even his previous girlfriend really did him wrong.

How can I make him comfortable enough to not have that fear? I know it has nothing to do with me. It has to do with him and he knows that to. He tries to protect me by telling me not to have feelings for him, etc. I feel that there can be something so much more with us if he was just able to let that happen. We connect on many different levels and are very comfortable with each other.

any thoughts or suggestions? should I give up?

If u want him enough and that u think it is a risk worth taking, then take it. I mean, if ur ready to endure the things he wanted to protect you from, then u should just try to go for it even more. You guys already know that there can be a relationship so it makes it easier. If he still insists on protecting you, then let him know that you can take it or u can protect urself or sumthing.

As for the commitment issue, u can treat it as a normal case that a lot of ppl have. You can just take it slowly and see where it goes. Don't pressure him into the relationship. You can wait or help him get ready for a relationship and as he spends more and more time with you, the fear of commitment issue should fade away sooner or later.

nothing. she's ur friend and u should be happy for her. It may be hard to see some1 u like go out with sum1 else, but ur just gonna have to get over her. If she breaks up with him/her, then u can make ur move.