I think i've fallen in love with my best friend of the same sex. (NEED )?

Both me and my best friend are both straight men, and have been friends for around 1 year. We've grown really close in the past year and we basically do everything together. He would sleep over almost every weekend and we would have the most amazing time together, partying and doing other things together. We would also go for movies and dinner where it's just the both of us. Since we became really close, i didn't feel attracted to the girls around anymore, i still find them attractive, but i couldn't be bothered to get with them, my best friend means everything to me now. He makes me really happy every time he's around. However when he's not around i can't stop thinking about him and it affects my life. Every time i do something with other people, as fun as the event or party is all i could think about is him. I've never felt this way about anyone before, let alone a guy.

With him it's just totally different. First I didn't realize what my feelings for him meant. I told myself that I would just feel so thankful for him because of all the things he has done for me in our friendship, or that it's normal to have those feelings cause he's my friend and I really care about him... I just hoped those feelings would go away, but they only became stronger. And then I realized that I was in love. And that my feelings wouldn't go away. There were many times I was in love, but it has never been like that... I have never had such strong feelings for a person, before.... It's really driving me insane.

I'm not sure if he feels any attraction to me too, but at certain times i think he feels a little attraction to me too

However i've convinced myself that it might just be my mind playing tricks on me. All our friend would make fun of us looking cute together like a couple, and we both would just smile to that remark. At times, i would messed around with him, try getting a little physical by playing with his back, drawing on it, his abs and also his thigh. Sometimes he would allow it, but sometimes he would stop me if i went across the line. Sometimes he would also talk about the girl he likes and how he is planning to date her, and i would do so too, so i don't make it obvious that i have feeling for him. Because of that i now believe i'm the only one feeling this way for him and he just sees me as a best friend and i can understand but i don't know what to do with my feelings because they won't go away. I hate to feel this way and i've tried to distance myself before by stop texting and calling him but every time i see him, i fall back to where i am before. I told one of my good friend and she told me that i might be bi or gay. But i'm pretty sure i'm not because i've not have any attraction to any other guy but him. He is the only guy i have such strong feelings for. If i was gay wouldn't i find other guys attractive too? I don't even find him physically attractive. It's a different kind of attraction, more like an emotional one. I don't know if i'm in love with him or if it's just an attachment thing. Every advice have suggested that i tell him how i feel and that he might potentially feel the same way too, or that i should stop being friends with him as that's the only way to get rid of this feeling. But he's such an amazing friend and i don't know if it's fair to just stop being friends and end this great friendship because of my confusion. I also don't know if i should tell him how i feel because i don't want to ruin our friendship or loose this really amazing and super close friendship that i've ever had or felt, but at the same time i want to tell him because maybe he might feel the same way? I'm so confused. I need help

Philosoraptor

You can love a male friend. I have a couple that mean the world to me, love them like family. The question is what kind of love is it?

Are you sexually attracted to him? Do you get excited while thinking about being sexual with him? If not, it's just a very good friend who makes you happy.

Really think long and hard on this so that you can be sure of everything before you take a risk that could end this close friendship.