One night stand

I know its been only one day since I heard from this guy I have major feelings for but, we hung out sunday Finally we have been having a hard time hanging out. Then I found out when he was on his phone talking to his boss that he called in work sick just to be with me! Which no guy has done before but again we were having a hard time seeing each other... Now I havent heard from him since Sunday how do you know you been fooled one night stand? I know its only been one day and, we were even talking bout the future. I finally stopped textin all together today when he didnt call me... Again how do you know if you been fooled into one night stand? Its been one day I know and, could be getting over worried for no reason... But I have been hurt too much so, a little scared.

I know its been only one day since I heard from this guy I have major feelings for but, we hung out sunday Finally we have been having a hard time hanging out. Then I found out when he was on his phone talking to his boss that he called in work sick just to be with me! Which no guy has done before but again we were having a hard time seeing each other... Now I havent heard from him since Sunday how do you know you been fooled one night stand? I know its only been one day and, we were even talking bout the future. I finally stopped textin all together today when he didnt call me... Again how do you know if you been fooled into one night stand? Its been one day I know and, could be getting over worried for no reason... But I have been hurt too much so, a little scared.

Give it a few days. Don't expect continuous contact. Guys don't attach a lot of emotional significance to sex like girls do.

• Author

Thanks Kathy I am finally ready to move on from my recent ex it's been since January. And we finally hung out Sunday I am just scared because, I have been hurt multiple times before and, I know he's working and such but, I just don't know why he can't respond once at all? As I have said I have been hurt so, I am scared ****less... We haven't even told anyone yet about us because, were both pretty much scared and don't know where this is going yet either.. We want the same things and everything I just hope we work out but, I am trying to not over react on him not calling yet, it's just hard when I have major feelings for him... I stopped texting him when I asked him to call me after school. But still getting worried no word and, sometimes where he works at he doesn't get service. He sometimes gets internet if he's lucky he uses his neighbors and, if he's lucky like he said he'll get internet like once a month. He said this weekend he will be helping his friends move but, I did send him this one text that I feel stupid but, if he calls I will tell him I am just scared of getting hurt because, I have been hurt multiple times. I will keep it posted if he does call I think he will but, I will explain my situation if he does. I am just getting nervous...

Maybe you've been hurt multiple times before because you keep making the same mistake. If you don't want to get fooled into a one-night stand, don't have sex with a guy until you're in a committed relationship. Or at least wait until you've been dating for a few weeks/months. That's how you avoid getting hurt like this.

• Author

Thank you Cypress he did finally call and, he sort of got mad at my text until I explained to him I have been hurt before scared to again. But now my other problem I hate being departed this long and, how can he not talk to me where he's at? I know he don't get service sometimes but, that part drives me nuts. How can you not respond??? I am so frustrated with this I know he's working he said with work it may take a week until I hear from him again and, may a month. I can't take it with guy's departing from me. I only sent him 3 texts today so, he knows I am thinking of him. Told him I sent him pictures to his email and, then told him in that text that I hope he comes home soon from work. Because, I am going to Orlando in a Month on the 1st. I am tired of being away from "my guy" this long.. Why do guy's do this? My ex was the same way he always wanted his "space" now he has that now that were no longer together. But this is Kind of different I have to put it in my head that he's working but, then my mind wanders and, goes is he really working? How come he can't text while working. Now i am not even sure what he Really does and, I am the idiot for not asking him what he does. I just thought he works on a ranch and everything. He owns his own ranch too you'd think that if they'd want a girl they wouldn't leave her like this this long... It's driving me crazy and, I am up trying to go to bed tossing and turning about it I even got milk to calm me down. I told myself NO dating for TWO years and, I let this guy in... I am so Frustrated...

He's not "your guy." If he told you that it may take a month for him to contact you again, he's definitely not interested. No one is that busy. I'm sorry hon, but I think it was just a one-night stand. Don't waste any more time or energy on him. Move on.

Agreed - he is not "your guy". You don't even know what he does for a living.

Chalk this up to experience, learn from the mistake, and don't text or call him anymore. (I hope for your sake that the pics you sent weren't "nekkid pics".)

And if you want a committed relationship with a guy, then don't have sex with him until you have been on actual dates and have discussed being in an actual relationship.

I'm sorry hon, but I think it was just a one-night stand. Don't waste any more time or energy on him. Move on.

couldn't have said it better myself

• 1 month later...
Rabid Ferret

Yeah, don't hurt yourself like this. One problem I keep having with women is telling myself when they can't bother to even send a text that says "good morning", that they are just busy, or come up with some other excuse for them to ignore me for days at a time. If you were on his mind he'd make the time to at least reply to you.

It's not an easy thing to face, though. Just try your best to move on and don't let this guy become a source of misery for you.

Having sex one time does NOT make him "your guy".

Maybe with some men it would, but obviously not this one.

He was "your guy" for the duration of the ONS, and now he's his own man again. Maybe try being a little more old-fashioned next time.....