In love with my best friend who is also my ex's best friend

Okay brace yourself.....here it goes.

Alright My best friends name is Brandon. Weve been best friends for about 4 years now. And when I first met him I was a bit attracted to him but I got over it. Then I started dating this guy named Lebaron. It got really serious we dated for almost two years before breaking off. And he is Brandons guy best friend.

My whole family didnt really like me and Lebarons dating too much. not that he was a bad guy because he wasnt. He is just really iffy about his future and doesnt really know what he wants. Other than that he is a good guy. The love Brandon. They always wanted us to end up together. Were practically joint at the hip lol.

About 4 months ago Brandon got me a job where he works. And from there we started spending alot more time with eachother. He used to walk me home from work and sometimes he would come over and we would talk and watch movies. And we would text like all the time. And we would stay up all night talking on the phone knowing we had to be at work early in the morning lol

About 3 months ago me and Lebaron broke up because our lives were going in separate directions. And it got bumpy from there.

About 2 months ago from all the time I was spending with Brandon I started to look at him in a whole new way. I started growing feelings for him that wont go away. About a month ago I told him because he is 1st my best friend and i didnt want anything to get in the way of that. He told me that nothing like that could happen ( dating me) because of his friendship with Lebaron. Yet he never once said "No I dont have feelings for you" But on occasions I find him looking at me and then look away when I look at him.

But ever since I told him things have changed. He doesnt walk me home anymore. And he doesnt talk or text me as much. But when ever we are around eachother the connection is still there. He swears he is not avoiding me because of me liking him. He said he's just trying to prevent it from happening again. I told him the feelings went away which is SOOOOOO NOOOOT TRUUUUUE! they have increased and i am falling in love with him! What do I do???? Is he really not into me?!?! or is he just putting off his own happiness to protect his friendship with Lebaron???:lmao:

Okay brace yourself.....here it goes.

Alright My best friends name is Brandon. Weve been best friends for about 4 years now. And when I first met him I was a bit attracted to him but I got over it. Then I started dating this guy named Lebaron. It got really serious we dated for almost two years before breaking off. And he is Brandons guy best friend.

My whole family didnt really like me and Lebarons dating too much. not that he was a bad guy because he wasnt. He is just really iffy about his future and doesnt really know what he wants. Other than that he is a good guy. The love Brandon. They always wanted us to end up together. Were practically joint at the hip lol.

About 4 months ago Brandon got me a job where he works. And from there we started spending alot more time with eachother. He used to walk me home from work and sometimes he would come over and we would talk and watch movies. And we would text like all the time. And we would stay up all night talking on the phone knowing we had to be at work early in the morning lol

About 3 months ago me and Lebaron broke up because our lives were going in separate directions. And it got bumpy from there.

About 2 months ago from all the time I was spending with Brandon I started to look at him in a whole new way. I started growing feelings for him that wont go away. About a month ago I told him because he is 1st my best friend and i didnt want anything to get in the way of that. He told me that nothing like that could happen ( dating me) because of his friendship with Lebaron. Yet he never once said "No I dont have feelings for you" But on occasions I find him looking at me and then look away when I look at him.

But ever since I told him things have changed. He doesnt walk me home anymore. And he doesnt talk or text me as much. But when ever we are around eachother the connection is still there. He swears he is not avoiding me because of me liking him. He said he's just trying to prevent it from happening again. I told him the feelings went away which is SOOOOOO NOOOOT TRUUUUUE! they have increased and i am falling in love with him! What do I do???? Is he really not into me?!?! or is he just putting off his own happiness to protect his friendship with Lebaron???:lmao:

Wait a minute...you told him he was your best friend?:confused:

Unless I've misinterpreted this, you might have inadvertantly given him the suspicion that you wanted to be nothing more then friends. When guys hear "I don't want anything to get in the way of our friendship" they almost always interpret it as "I don't like you like that but I like our friendship, and don't want to move past anything like that." Telling a guy he's a friend is another way of saying he's in the friend zone, and thus there isn't any chances of becoming more intimate happening.

Again, I might have misunderstood what you meant and if I did please point preciously what you said. He may be under the impression that you don't want to pursue anything further and so he's using his friendship with Lebaron as a shield.

Mathematics

I think Obie has got it right.

I think you just need to be totally honest and tell him how you feel. See how the cards fall.