should we? very interesting story, HOT friendship...

mountaingirl68

I found an old high school friend a few years ago and we've been very supportive of one another. I recently left my marriage and he is also available. We talk or text daily and it's gotten quite steamy. We've shared fantasies, photos, etc...he admitted to having a "thing" for me a over year ago, but respecting my marriage and remaining quiet about his feelings. We are completely open and honest with one another about everything and have actually been more open with each other than anyone we'd been previously involved with. We've seen each other twice (we live a good distance apart) since I've become single and both times we had physical contact. We were in public, sort of...so it wasn't anything major. We both are extremely turned on by the other, would love to take it further but have some issues. The distance is the main issue. Only a few hours, but we both work a lot and have our own lives and families to tend to. Also, he is more ready for a serious commitment than I. It's much too soon for me to get into a relationship. The sexual tension between us is unreal. I have never felt this way with anyone else. I suggested at least one night of being together, just doing whatever we want. He's considering it, but unsure whether it would be healthy for us. I need advice from anyone who's been there. This is all new to me. Honestly, I just feel like if I don't have an outlet for the need for physical affection soon, I could end up making some serious mistakes just because of the loneliness and need for affection. My marriage had been a loveless one, so I've not been physical with anyone in a very long time. His initial reaction to the situation was to suggest we cool off and just be friends, but I don't know if that's possible. We were honest with one another and the truth is, we both wanted to jump each other! :love: Sorry for the crudeness, but that's about the only way to put it...please advise me...

MistaDynamic

You're on the rebound and this guy makes you feel wanted so it's understandable you have a deep attraction for him. I can't really say how this will work out but the distance issue needs to be resolve. You can't work around that. The two of you need to spend time together not in get together weekend way but real day to day interaction. Right now you don't have that so you 're only fantasizing on how it would be based upon your short time together.

• Author
mountaingirl68

I feel that we couldn't know each other much better...I've known him for 30 years and we've been each other's main confidants for the past 3 years. I know that's not the same as being there, but we've truly seen the best and worst of one another. I probably need to be more clear about something that was clarified to me today. His main issue is that he's ready for a serious relationship and I'm not. I'm wanting a one-time hookup or possibly an FWB situation. He's considering it, but afraid of getting too attached. Last time we saw each other, we hugged, kissed, and there was some other minor contact that would have led up to much more, but it was a brief get together that was unplanned until last minute and we both had to be elsewhere, so there was no time to slip away together. He's told me that emotionally, he is more attached to me than anyone he's previously dated. Physically, he said he is more attracted to me than previous girlfriends as well. His fear is that if we don't cool off, we'll lose the friendship. I think quite the opposite can happen...we have both waited quite a while for physical affection and who better to turn to than someone you trust so completely. I do understand the fear of wanting more on his part. We both admit that if distance were not an issue, we'd probably end up dating. I told him I was only wanting to date casually for a while, and I think that's just one more complication. So here we are, trying to decide whether to try one more time to slow down the passion (we've tried that twice already and it's not worked at all...one of us always ends up saying something and we're right back to flirting again) or coming together and getting it out of our system! Not being friends or not having contact is not even an option for us...we've both made that clear. We're too close and have too much love for one another to do that.