she wants me back ... freaking out (kinda long but need help, please!)

lipglossboost

lipglossboost

I'm new here and I'm posting because I don't really know where else to turn. My ex-girlfriend wants me back and my friends and family really dislike her, so talking to them about this is kind of pointless. Here's the story ...

We were introduced in early January of this year by a mutual friend. We hit it off *very quickly* but she wanted to have a committed relationship and I wasn't ready for that yet. We dated for a few months, it went alright but not perfect, and I eventually decided I would like to give it a try and see what a real relationship with her would be like. As I mentioned, she was never outright mean to me while we dated, just inconsiderate sometimes, (late when we had plans to go somewhere, always something else going on and not a lot of time for me, always on her cell phone, etc ... all the while professing her love for me.) I kept telling her I didn't appreciate her behavior and that was the reason I was hesitant to get into a relationship with her, and she said it wouldn't be that way if we were together. Despite my better judgement, I was already falling for her, so after much thought, I decided to jump in and I said I would give it a try. The next day, she moved back in with her ex-husband.

Needless to say, I was very hurt and we didn't talk for a few months. When we started communicating again, we remained just friends. More inconsiderate behavior lead to an argument and again, we didn't speak for about a month.

The next time we hooked up again, she was with someone else. They dated for 4 months and then broke up in August. After the break up, she really kind of lost it and once again, (I know, it sounds ridiculous,) we ceased being on speaking terms. Until lastnight ...

She called and wanted to talk things out. I agreed to meet with her and we went for a drive and talked. I asked her what she wanted and she asked me what her options were ... I told her they were infinite. She said she still loved me and has always regretted what she did to me and that she wanted to get back together and give it a real try.

We discussed the pro's & con's and what we needed from one another, and what makes us crazy about the other person and the things we each need to be more sensitive to, our differences, our families and friends, everything. It was definitely the most in-depth pre-relationship conversation I have ever had with anyone. We ended the night smooching. It was great, I missed her so much.

I was so happy, but, now I am kind of freaking out. All this time I never got over her, and we were never even officially together. She's one of the few people that I feel has a real capacity to hurt me, if I let her in. She had to leave town this morning and won't be back until Monday .... I want to be happy but I am so afraid she will come back and have changed her mind like before. It's making me nuts, and I have 48 hours left to sit here and freak out.

Help ...

:confused:

~Lexi

VASH THE STAMPEDE

Don't freak out man.Actually i'm sorta confused why are you gonna get back with her ?She's going from guy to guy.

She's hurt you already, why give it room to do more damage to you?