how to tell if a girl is straight or gay

so I was at my internship a couple of weeks ago, and there was this girl there who seemed to be socially interested in me. She's gorgeous, like 5 inches taller than I am, and blond. She's not butch, "dykey," or anything that screams "lesbian." however, her facebook doesn't list her "interested in" part but it does list "single," I cannot find that many pictures of her with boyfriends, tho there are some with guy friends who appear to be normal, at least for NYC students. I met her at a internship for a politician, and the internship is in NY. She's very political, but she's not like an ultra-PC liberal, she's made off-color unPC jokes at the office, including ones about gays. She also goes to one of the major NYC schools. I also found a pic of her with a guy friend in her apartment, but there's a small rainbow flag on a pole in her room. But she's also into acting, and there's a lot of gays not only in acting in Manhattan, but also at her school, a very liberal school.

She's also very into certain famous male musician who is 5'2, tho i can't tell if its that she finds him sexy, or envies him. But then again, her taking a liking towards me could indicate that she likes guys, tho maybe guys like him (ie short height). I say "taking a liking towards me" because when I would talk to her, she'd always make an effort not only to respond but to add to it. And there were times she'd start convos up with me, as opposed to only the other way around.

I think I might have a change of trying to hang out sometime, I don't go to school that far away, only a two hour train ride away. But what do you guys think? Is she straight, gay, confused, or just "conforming" to her school's culture? I mean like that rainbow flag on a small pole in her room could also be her showing solidarity to gays, and there are many straight people (me included) who support gay marriage rights.

Edited by Mikki Mars
i don't want any IDing info in case she goes to this site

Come on are you for real?

what if she is supporting gay people because her brother is gay?

why are you so insecure about yourself and why don't you better ask her out? are you cowardly saying she might be gay so that if she rejects you you can point fingers to her without facts??

your mind is travelling in another wayy, come on!.. you don't even know her, you just said she doesn't look gay.

If a duck talks, moves, and acts as a duck... is he a duck?

If a lesbian person talks moves and acts as a lesbian person.. is she a lesbian?

If she does not look, act and move as a lesbian, she is not a lesbian.

• Author
Come on are you for real?

what if she is supporting gay people because her brother is gay?

why are you so insecure about yourself and why don't you better ask her out? are you cowardly saying she might be gay so that if she rejects you you can point fingers to her without facts??

your mind is travelling in another wayy, come on!.. you don't even know her, you just said she doesn't look gay.

If a duck talks, moves, and acts as a duck... is he a duck?

If a lesbian person talks moves and acts as a lesbian person.. is she a lesbian?

If she does not look, act and move as a lesbian, she is not a lesbian.

well why doesn't she list "interested in?" She is beautiful, yet I don't see many pictures of her with guys, and no pictures of her with guys in any romantic way. I mean yea she goes a to certain school in NYC which, and she's not very typical, ie she spent her senior year of HS in NYC to do drama instead of high school, tho the college she goes to is mad prestigious. I mean there are feminine lesbians, I hope to God she's not. Her school is known for most of the guys being gay, so could she be in the "prison sex" mode? Tho she did act girly around me, but I can't tell

why don't you ask her out... as friends, go for an ice cream, something... and get to know her better instead of daydreaming about how she might be. It seems like you like her... get to know her. If she is a lesbian, maybe you could have a goodlooking friend with you.. and maybe you'll gain a good relationship there.. I don't know. The truth is you ain't got nothing to lose. All you have is clouds in your mind because you don't have facts, she hasn't given any to you. Get to know her.. and then you will be able to get to a conclusion.. And then you can tell us what happened