dating an acquaintance

How do you let a guy know that you would definitely say "yes" if he asked you out on a date? I have an acquaintance that I wouldn't mind going out on a date with, but I'm too chicken to make the first move. We are in the same circle of friends, but only see each other at gatherings of friends, so I'd like to get to know him better one-on-one. I think he may know that I'm interested, but I'm having a hard time getting a read on whether he's interested in me or not. Any advice on what to do? I'd prefer not to look like a fool to my other friends if this acquaintance is not interested (I've tried moving things toward the romantic realm with friends before and it back-fired.)

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

FYI.. while you are sitting back and waiting for him to ask you out.. he is at a bar asking some other chick out.

Stiffen up that backbone of yours and ask him. Stop trying to be a coy lil girl and just ask him out.

Imagine if he likes you but is too shy to ask you out without knowing first..

That means you will both pine for each other... want each other.. but will never hook up if neither of you takes the first step. You wanted women's equality.. you got it.. now go ask him out before some chick with more balls then you steals him out from under you.

• Author

Well, I don't really want women's equality...too much work :p

I can see what you're saying, though. I guess I need to man, um woman, up and do something.

Well, I don't really want women's equality...too much work :p

I can see what you're saying, though. I guess I need to man, um woman, up and do something.

Agreed, just ask him out for dinner Friday or something. Good luck.

• Author

So I emailed him to tell him that I'd be interested in doing something sometime. Turns out he's not interested. He says he's "too busy" to date right now and doesn't want to date someone long distance anyway (we live 1.5-2 hours away from each other, but his family and several friends live in my area, so he's up here fairly often).

Oh well, time for the next victim...I mean, potential suitor...