Cuddling w/ Friends okay?

I'm mostly talking about opposite sexes here (unless you are gay/bi).

What are the boudaries here? When does it go beyond friendship?

I have a male friend who is a cuddle slut that I, myself, sometimes spend the night snuggling with. It's mostly stayed in the platonic zone, but one or twice we've messed around. He says he's not interested in me, (I know b/c I've brought it up once or twice that I would like to be more, but I am over that now), but he still snuggles and has still made moves (when it comes to sex, we have both decided very firmly that it's not going to happen).

I'm not the only person he cuddles with, so, I am just curious. Normal? And what would just be normal with this situation?

Edited by Liligurl
I'm mostly talking about opposite sexes here (unless you are gay/bi).

What are the boudaries here? When does it go beyond friendship?

I have a male friend who is a cuddle slut that I, myself, sometimes spend the night snuggling with. It's mostly stayed in the platonic zone, but one or twice we've messed around. He says he's not interested in me, (I know b/c I've brought it up once or twice that I would like to be more, but I am over that now), but he still snuggles and has still made moves (when it comes to sex, we have both decided very firmly that it's not going to happen).

I'm not the only person he cuddles with, so, I am just curious. Normal? And what would just be normal with this situation?

Heh. You're a bit naive, lass :). Ask a friend of yours, some guy you never had a romantic interest for, or another guy friend who never showed a romantic interest, to have sex with you and you'll be amazed at the speed a man can achieve when he has some sex waiting forh im :). And if you are an attractive women, you'll witness the break down of the speed of light.

He's trying to get sex out of you for free. You want a relationship but he doesn't. Maybe he has feelings for you but he knows how much of a hassle romantic relationships are and is trying to get nookie, hoping your feelings for him will eventually make you give it to him: without the relationship part.

Yeah, it's normal. He's a straight guy. You are a woman. Most straight guys want to get laid. If you are good - looking, I'm sure you have tons of guys wanting to sleep with you. But many guys don't have the guts to simply tell a woman that they want to sleep with her, so, they begin a friendship hoping to turn it into sex, a friends with benefits relationship or a romantic relationship.

A man's sex drive is as powerful as a woman's biological drive to have babies. That means many, many males are willing to lie to get nookie or to pretend they want more out of you(relationship)when the truth is, they want sex.

Anyway. You two aren't friends. You messed around with him a few times, that's a friend's with benefits relationship.

If you want a romantic relationship, the best thing you can do is to stop cuddling him because sooner or later you'll be so turned on. Sex will happen. And you will come to this forum calling him a jerk, a player etc, when all along he told you he was only interested in sex :bunny:.

If you wanna have some laughs, ask him to cuddle a overly obese friend of his. The reaction out of him will be hilarious.

Edited by Lusitan

Mmm, I'd say you're at risk of being his FWB. If you've messed around, in his mind it won't be that big a leap to having sex. If you want to stay cuddling with him - and yes, it's fab having a cuddle buddy! - then at least stay out of bed.

This can be kinda tricky but in my opinion I don't reckon it's an okay thing to do if your just friends. Seems to me like this guy wants things both ways, he wants you but without the relationship. I'm a guy so I'll tell you now don't be fooled by this platonic crap cuz if he's looking for such physical contact from you thats definately not what it is :p

Ask a friend of yours, some guy you never had a romantic interest for, or another guy friend who never showed a romantic interest, to have sex with you and you'll be amazed at the speed a man can achieve when he has some sex waiting forh im :). And if you are an attractive women, you'll witness the break down of the speed of light.

Now I'm thinking.