does he like me?? HELP!

Hi, I really need help! I really like this guy who I go to college with. We are in the same major, we take some classes together, we have talked more in two months than I have ever talked to any of the other guys I take classes with, because I just met him this semester. He asked me to study with him, but he didn't do it in front of the other guys, he just asked me and said that he would like to study in a group. Sometimes if we get out of class, we stay talking and I really enjoy it. He's really outgoing with everybody, so it's not surprising that he talks to me, but still I know that he's single because he makes really loud comments in class like: "so, I'm going to have to send flowers to myself on Valentine's Day", and there are things that I just don't understand when we talked once he told me something like "well all my friends are getting married, I guess I'll have to get married soon too" and he gave me that look and smiled... I don't know if it was just me or I just felt awkward for a second thinking that he might be with someone, but he's really single. I think there might be some chemistry, because of the looks we give to each other, but I don't want to be confused with what my impression might be, because when you like someone you pretend every little thing means something... He's really sweet and he always asks me stuff and talks to me and pays attention to me, but it's not really like he's crazy about me and obvious as many other guys... I need help!! please tell me from what I've explained if he has any interest in me whatsoever I thanks!!!! :)

Well, the only person who KNOWS is him. I can understand that you wouldn't want to embarass yourself by coming out and asking him if he does like you, but that's probably the best thing to do.

Ask to take him to dinner or something, you make the move, or just wait for his balls to grow. But in the meantime, you'll be overanalyzing his every word and move, until that happens....and that is ASSUMING his balls have dropped. heh

• Author

I was afraid that is what I'm going to have to do!! either wait or ask him out!!! I don't think I'll ask him out, since we will have every single class together and share a lot until we graduate and I don't want to create an awkward situation for him nor for me, but if I notice he likes me and I need to help him out, I guess I'll have to do that :p and you're right... he's the only one who knows it!! grrrr!! :) thanks!

When I was in high school and college and sort of thought someone liked me, I just assumed I was misreading their signals. When I run into some of the guys I was friends with back then, they tell me "I had such a crush on you, and you wouldn't give me the time of day...." I didn't even realize it. I was really sending out signals that I didn't like the poor guy back, even though in some cases, I did. (why? I don't know. I was just scared. What a waste of time!). That scared them off -- guys don't want to be rejected either.

If you like him, just make sure you are open to his advances. If he is joking about having no one to send flowers to, say, "well, let me give you my address!! I'd love to get flowers from you!"

When people make derisive comments like that, they are often looking for someone to reassure them. It's like when people moan, "I look awful today!" They usually don't expect you to agree, they expect you to say, "No you don't! You look as great as always!" It could be as simple as that.

He could be also testing you to see your reaction to see if you are open to him. If he says it's probably time for him to get married and you look at him like, "yeah, good luck buddy..." it's not the same as saying, "Well, I'm sure you won't have any trouble convincing some lucky girl!"

If he doesn't like you, what's the worst thing that can happen to you? He'll figure out that you like him, and he'll be flattered but not interested? And he may just be looking for that little extra bit of encouragement before he takes the step to ask you out. He is fully aware of the number of classes you have together in the future too, and may want to proceed with caution. Good luck!