What'z up with this?

Hello Everyone! I have one dilemma and it's kind of bugging me a bit so I need some insight and advice.

I have this friend who is the nicest most considerate person I've ever known. She's a blast to be around with and I love talking to her. My problem is that she gets very very angry if she sees me talking to talking to another girl. It may be with another girl friend of mine or just mingling with one when we go out. What's even more weird is that she's with someone already? What'z up with that?

Good question.

There are women out there who will not necessarilly want to date a guy but they don't want anybody else to have him either.

There are some who have a particular guy friend they want to keep in reserve in case something doesn't work out with their regular guy.

There is a tendency on the part of both men and women to be work up a touch of jealousy when someone they are just friends with starts showing an interest in another member of the opposite sex.

Over the years, I've learned not to put a whole lot of stock into this. It rarely indicates an interest sufficient to indicate a future relationship. Sometimes it's downright irritating.

Just wait until you decide to get married. I can't wait until you see all the reactions of your lady friends to that information. They really don't want you out of circulation but, as a friend, you are way too available for a romantic interest.

Bottom line: People in general want what they can't have. When a lady friend sees you interested in another female, it's a threat of sorts. She realizes you aren't as available as she once thought. There is also the threat that you will be taken away and no longer be her friend.

But they will seldom get so upset they will take you aside and tell you they want you to be their special guy.

I've neveral totally understood this whole deal but I've observed it a lot and given it a lot of thought. If I were you, I wouldn't waste a tremendous amount of time trying to figure it out....or trying to figure out any other aspect of female behavior. Just love them and accept them exactly like they are.

• Author

Thanks for the reply Tony! I totally understand what you're are saying! And I have had a little chat with the lady friend of mine about this. The reason why she is like that is that she "CARES" for me. Now for what she means by that is totally beyond me! What do you think?

I think you're nuts to even care what she means.

When a lady has a boyfriend but cares about others, that usually means she cares about them as friends. In your case, she probably cares that you stick around in case something happens to her relationship so she can pal around with you while she's looking for somebody else.

Don't screw up your mind over this. I've been there so many times, I've got the badge, T-shirt, certificate and all that goes with it.

Don't let women jerk you around. If a lady isn't dating you and you don't want to be JUST her buddy, get away from her...PERIOD.