Maybe you can help....

Hello everyone, my name is Jeni.

I have been friends with Adam for about a year and a half now. About ten months ago, him and I began to become "close". 5 months ago, we were officially dating. He is a very sensitive and emotional man and about two months ago, he wanted a break from us because he could see how much I loved him and it scared him because he wasn't sure if he loved me the same.

Well, after two days, he came crawling back telling me he loves me more than anything and I mean the world to him. Everything is fine until two days ago. He tells me he loves me, but is not in love with me. Surprisingly, I was not as upset this time. Sure, I'm sad and whatever, but I"m not torn apart like last time.

We hung out last night and we were deep in conversation about the past and the future and etc. when he mentions that he feels like we should be together but we shouldn't be. Now tell me, what the heck am I supposed to do??? Would I be stupid to go back with him again? Please help me, I'm really confused and I hate to say it, but I love the moron. :rolleyes: Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks,

Jeni

HokeyReligions

Sounds you need to pin him down and tell him to make a decision. And you need to decide where you want the relationship to be right now.

Can you go on as you have been and accept the fact that he may decide he doesn't want a future with you? Or do you want a commitment? (not necessarily marriage, but maybe a promise of mariage, aka engagement)

Once you each think about these things separately, then sit down and compare notes and see how your priorities line up.

The statements in your email are too amorphorus and could mean different things.

he feels like we should be together but we shouldn't be
What does this mean exactly? You need to list out exactly what this means and define some boundaries before making any decisions.