Tell Him everything?

I've been head over heels for this guy for the past 2 years or so. This year, we became better friends, but my feelings increased for him quite a bit too. Unfortunately, he only views me as a friend and has no idea of anything that I feel for him. I don't want to lose the friendship we've gained, but at the same time I keep wondering if there could be anything there. Worst thing is, he leaves in May, should I tell him, or just keep the friendship secure?

You can't live a lie. You simply can't be hanging around somebody as a buddy when you really want more.

You have no choice but to talk to him. If you want to be direct, tell him how you feel. If you want to be more indirect, tell him you have grown to think a great deal of him and if he should ever have the desire to upgrade the friendship you'd be open to that. No, don't pour out your guts and feelings to him. Just be brief as I have written here. Then see what his reaction is.

I hope you understand you must do this. Just think about how you would feel if one day he came to you and told you about this wonderful lady he had fallen in love with...all because you didn't express your interest in him.

So there, do what you have to do and do it now. You shouldn't put this off.

Personally, I think you ought to take the more indirect approach as described above. That way you don't put him on the spot and you'll get him to thinking about you in a different way.

It's so wonderful when friendships can blossom into something more. I think that's the way it always ought to be because those are so much more fulfilling. But most people don't like to take the time to establish a great friendship and rush to go straight for the crotch.

Best of luck to you!!!