What is happening... !!

OK, I have this really complicated friendship with a girl in my class. We have been best friends for ages now, but a year ago she got a huge crush on me (a female friend of hers told me), but I just wanted to be friends; I had none of those feelings for her what so ever.

Then time passed and apparently she got over the crush. Then, as it happens, I fell madly in love with her a few months ago. I couldnt keep talking to her without her knowing about it, so I told her. She said that our friendship was strong and she didnt wanna ruin it. So after that things actually just went on fine, there was no awkwardness and we were still best friends.

Then a month ago, we had a massssssive argument and we stopped talking completely. A couple of weeks later, she came up to me and actually apologised in person, which I did not expect from her at all. So now things seem to be fine again, except that I think that I might still be attracted to her a little...

And she is actually different towards me as well now. Its difficult to explain, but she just seems to drop subtle hints and i dont know if its just me hoping that she is making the hints or if they really mean something. For example, when she laughs she usually randomly puts her face on my chest or my arm. She will sometimes just grab or poke my arm at random. And when we go out somewhere together, she will constantly sit there twiddling and stroking her hair. These are all things shes never really done around me. My question is, am I being pathetic in hoping that she feels attracted to me again?

And another thing... at prom, she was pretty drunk. And when I arrived she came running up to me, put her arm in mine and just went on about how I'm her darling. Then at the table, she started demanding the person next to her to move so I could sit there, and when he refused, she just lent across, grabbed my arms, started stroking them and then asked me to marry her. It was really funny at the time actually!!! And then afterwards I went off with a mate and two other girls and she saw this, and another mate who stayed with her later told me that, for the rest of the night, she was asking him where I was gonna be going, what I was doing with those people and if he thought I would do "anything".

It may seem a bit stupid, because she was a bit drunk, but I dunno... I guess that is why I am asking you guys, does anyone have any advice at all????

NiceGuy4Ever

Seems to me she is interested. Think about it playing with her hair when she's with you, poking and grabbing you, laying her head on your arm or shoulder, come on man you know this! And they also say the true side of someone comes out when they get drunk so you know if she said all that then I'm pretty sure she does. Just be warned. We are talking about your best friend here.

Your taking a gamble if you do this not only putting any girlfriend/boyfriend relationship on the line but friend relationship too. Be careful where you tread if you get together, trust me, I'm one who failed in that. But other than that well she does look like she likes you dude. Hope this helps

funwithpaint

It seems to me that she is still interested especially if she is going out of her way or breaking her normal routine behaviors to make physical contact with you.

As was said before you need to be careful but be clear. You dont want mixed signals to send what could be into the friendzone or to freak her out.

As for the alcohol thing heres a what is believed by SCIENCE! lol

alcohol is a chemical depressant that dampens certain neurotransmitters. What this translates into is that only stronger emotions or feeling make it through the alcohol inhibitors. So it could be reasonably said that she is attracted to you.