Drunk calls & Texts???

Umkay... why do guys do that?

My 'friend'... whom I like... but also is already in a relationship... drunk texts me when he's out with his friend sometimes.

So this last time... he called drunk to talk about ... something he could have waited to talk about when he was sober... just about some list we were going through (long story).... Anyhow... then right after.... he started drunk texting me... flirting..

So the next time we saw each other... he kept mentioning it saying that he was really drunk..... I was wondering why he kept on mentioning it.. I got the feeling that he wanted to tell me that it meant nothing. If so.. why do it???? :o:o

***In my personal experiences... I only drunk text or call guys that I really like. It's always a mistake either way but I never felt that I didn't mean what I said. ***

He can't bring himself to tell you sober. Sounds too simple. Does he know how you feel? He wants to let you know but can't because either he doesn't know how you feel it seems. Or he is just testing the waters to see how you reacted to the drunk texts. There isn't any other reason why he would keep mentioning it!

Stating the drunk factor is him saying that whatever he says, if he chooses to, won't mean anything because he was drunk. Say if he said something you liked, well he meant it. If he says something you don't like, well he was drunk and didn't mean it that way.

This is why I leave my phone off when I go out drinking. I've long learned to steer clear of the drunk dials. As you have mentioned, nothing good usually comes from them and you just feel strange about it the next day when you sober up.

The only people I have ever drunk called, were people I secretly had mad crushes on.

• Author

I mean what does he wanna tell me sober?? I've never told him that I liked him BUT.... we have talked about the attraction between us.

I flirted a little bit with him in the text.. but like when he mentioned something about 'what I would be doing with him right now if I was there (use your imagination)'... I only replied 'You wish'. I mean I flirted a little bit. But he's the one that took it to the next level of flirtation.

When we saw each other He kept on asking me "what day was it that I called you drunk??" And then later he'd say... man I was so drunk that night. I didn't say anything about it when he mentioned it. I just let it lye.

Could he feel guilty about it or something??? I mean gosh... I don't want him to feel guilty or anything. But I get the feeling that he wants to talk to me about it. I'm imagining him saying that 'it didn't mean anything cause he was just drunk.' Which I know... it doesn't mean anything BIG.... but maybe he feels vulnerable or something.... I'm just wondering why someone would text or call someone drunk and flirt with them, if they mean nothing to them. :o

I think he's wanting to tell you something but hiding behind the drunk excuse. He may perceive that you didn't take it the way he wanted you to so now he's unsure of how to follow that up.

By him always wanting you to tell him about what day it was he did that, I think he might be wanting you to start the conversation up about that topic. He may be too cowardly to do it himself, so it sounds like he's trying to bait you into starting things up.

I don't know, but that's what it sounds like to me.

• Author
I think he's wanting to tell you something but hiding behind the drunk excuse. He may perceive that you didn't take it the way he wanted you to so now he's unsure of how to follow that up.

I mean how could he be so blind??? When we were texting... I brought up our little bet that he initiated.... It's so dumb because he said "I bet you won't eat all that salad." And I was like "I bet you I will". He said... 'who ever wins... wins a message" (crazy cause all night he was telling me how good of a message giver he was) I mean how dumb is it to make a bet that you know you're gonna lose??? Anyway... I brought it up when he was flirting with me through text... I just said "you owe me a message"... I mean why would I say that if I wasn't enjoying the flirtation a little bit?? How could he be so blind??

girlwithbigearrings

I think previous posters missed out on the fact that she mentioned this "friend" is already in a relationship.

Sounds like to me that he's attracted to you or he wouldn't have been flirting with you in the first place. He enjoys the drunk flirt-text messaging because you entertain it. He doesn't flirt when he's sober does he? If he does, would you really want a guy like that who does that when he already has a girlfriend yet still tries to get with another girl? Maybe he also enjoys being friends for now and flirtexting when he's 'so drunk' because he's unsure of his current relationship so he's trying to string you along.

Bottom line he has a girlfriend, stop with the flirting. Be friends if you wanna be friends. If you want more look elsewhere, he sounds like a sleaze.

Sounds like he is attracted to you. The fact that he has a gf, yet is "drunk" texting you is saying a lot already. He probably isn't satisfied as much, sexually with his gf and being he can say he is drunk, let him get away with the flirting he does with you.