Plan A was aborted, time for Plan B?

I've had a couple of threads on here already. The first was whether or not to make a move, and the second was how to go about doing it. Well, she came to visit last night, but I was with a large group of friends and she got in town really late. She seemed insistent that we "keep drinking" and we probably had a few too many. I'd been planning on making a move for a couple of weeks, but didn't feel like being drunk in public was the best time. So we get back to my place and I went to use the restroom and brush my teeth and by the time I get back to my room she's already passed out in the bed. Once again, not appropriate to wake her up and "make a move" so I went to sleep. This morning other guests that were staying with me were stirring around and she had to get back home, so we didn't have any real quality alone time.

I know no time is the perfect time, but it seems to be more difficult than it should be for me to either go for a kiss or say something. I initially had a huge fear of rejection, but I'm over that now and just ready to let the cat out of the bag. Plus the fact that I have now gone by myself to see her, and she has come by herself to see me, and we continue to sleep in the same bed, surely she is waiting on me to do something? Problem is we probably won't see each other for at least a month now.

I want to do something that is a good gesture that she should be able to pick up on, kind of put the ball in her court so to speak. Last time I visited her I noticed she has a painting of pink tulips on the wall in her room. Her family is taking a trip together in the next week or so. I'm thinking it might be a good move to send her some pink tulips next week with a message thanking her for coming to see me, and wishing her a safe trip. I figure that should be romantic enough. It's at least original and not the dramatic Hollywood cliche of sending two dozen roses with a handwritten poem about how head over heels I am.

Based on the symbolism of tulips in general, the fact that hopefully she will realize I picked up on her painting, and the fact that I am a guy sending a girl flowers, is this a good move on my part to finally quit dragging my feet and leaving no doubt in her mind as to how I feel? Or will she possibly interpret it as me just being a nice guy sending her a gift?

Wow if only a guy thought about me that way, I think the flowers are a great idea, though maybe saying something to her about how interested you are in her might do the trick instead. I'm sure the flowers will send a definate message. Good Luck.