Advice....... Pls Help!

Ok need some hlp pls,

This is the story,

My best friend is a female, i have known her for about 4yrs, She has just recently come out of a 2 yrs relationship, i know she needs time, before her previoius relationship i had the chance to have a relationship with her, STUPID me i didnt, We are best friends we do nearly everything together, i love her, everytime i am not with her i think of her, as soon as i get off the phone from alking to her all i want to do is call her back! I have told her i love her (and i do) she tells me that she loves me but i have the feeling she means just as best friends. We kiss goodbye, yada yada as best friends do. Could feelings still be there after 3 years, cause i know mine are.

Everytime i see or think about another girl the first thing i do is compare them to my best friend!! It has sorta ruined my relationships!

Any suggestions!!!!

For any girls out there, if u say to your best friend( of the opposite sex) that you love them would that more than likely mean u love them as best friends or something more......

Alot of friends say we would be great together!

Please Help!!

Confused............... :confused:

If you have been with her for four years and still strongly feel that she is the one for you, I am sure that you guys are meant for each other.

I think we girls sometimes can be a little cautious in moving on to the next level of the relationship(meaning moving from friends to lovers) because we have the idea that "best friends don't break up but bfriend and gfriend break up".

We can be afraid of losing a really great guy because we chose to turn the relatonship to that of a romantic nature. If this is the way she is feeling-which may or may not be the case,btw-go for her. Tell her how you feel about her and be willing to give her some time. Maybe she is waiting for you to make the first move!

Wish you good luck.

TALK to her about it. Its much better to get it out of your system and take a risk, than it is to always wonder....

Hi,

if u say to your best friend( of the opposite sex) that you love them would that more than likely mean u love them as best friends or something more......

This is not always the case.

Your friend may also be temporarily expanding or contorting the subtext of the word love, or her perception of what you mean when you say 'I love you,' in order to keep your friendship.

Most likely, your friendship with her matters more than anything else, and she would do anything to keep it. It's really very important to stay somewhat cautious about what she may or may not want from you, because you don't want to risk scaring her away.

It's obvious you need to address this with her, but guage her comfort level before bringing it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, yes, this is possible. I have a male friend (I wouldn't say best friend) and we have known each other 10 years. He was there for my first marriage and now for my second. Although we never dated, there are times when I think perhaps I should have taken that chance.

I was always with someone else, so that never came about. I can't bear to have him leave my life. Don't know what it is, but I do feel like I need him to be there.

We have gone years without communication and I can call and it's like we were never apart (metaphorically speaking).

Love? Maybe.