Want More Than Just Being Friends

Hi,

This is my first post and this sounds like a good advice area. Thought I would give this one a shot.

I am a 47 year old male. Never been married. I have been seeing a woman that just turned 30 last week. We have been seeing each other for over 2 years now. Up until now, we have been just very good friends. We have a lot of similar interests. We both like tennis and play once or twice a week. Sometimes we go out afterwards to a bar or restaurant. I have invited her to professional basketball and bassball games and she loves going with me. We talk on the phone and have long conversations. We are never at a loss for words.

Now in the past she has blurted out to me that she likes guys who are about 15 years older then she is, are tall, musicians, and into computers. Well as I said earlier, I am 17 years older, so I fall into that category. I am also 6' 3" tall, used to play bass and guitar in a power pop band (Now you know why I use popbass for my nickname!), and I am a computer technical consultant. So you would think she would like to date me on a serious basis. But so far, we are just friends. She even mentions how she likes some guy in another state which is very far away that she met a while back, but she has not seen this guy in 2 years. So I can't believe she can be that serious with him.

OK, lately I have really fallen head over heels for this woman. I have never told her outright how I feel about her. I want to go to the next level. I am taking her out next week to celebrate her birthday and I am taking her to a really nice place. I want to express my feelings to her that night.

Any advice on what to do or say would be appreciated. I really don't want to lose this woman!

Thanks!

Popbass

It's not like the two of you are teenyboppers...although you may feel that way under the circumstances.

This woman has probably been going crazy waiting for you to say something or make a move. It is absolutely insane to keep seeing somebody on a friendship basis for whom you have special feelings.

By all means, tell her how you feel and let her know you'd like to take the friendship to the next level...then just see what her reaction is.

She's probably been telling you about this goofball she likes in another state to get you jealous and motivate you to make a move. So be a man and do it now. Maybe her birthday would be an ideal time.

You've got nothing to lose. My guess is you've had pretty special feelings for her for quite a while and just didn't know how to move it along. Well, do yourself a favor and let her know just how you feel. I'd bet you any money she'll scream with happiness.

She wouldn't spend so much time with you if she didn't feel very good about you. Most women much prefer to be good friends before moving on from there...but there is a thin line. You can't stay in the friendship category too long or you'll get locked there in her mind.

Good luck and invite us to the wedding!!!