smart but ...

I met this great guy on a dating website. He lives 3 hours away but travels the distance to spend time with me. He wanted to spend the night after the 3rd date but I told him I wanted to get to know him better. I told him I would drive up to see him the next time, a week later. I anticipated hearing from him on the phone to keep the connection going. We talked briefly once or twice. By the end of the week I had serious doubts and was going to cancel...tired of the players! He called me evry day the 3days prior and was very excited about my coming to see him. We had an awesome time together, very affectionate, romantic ect. I stayed the night...it was very passionate to say the least. Good chemistry all around. We initially made plans for me to stay 2 days but he told me he had another function he forgot about( a prewedding party invitation), that I could stay and he would go and come right back. I wasnt sure how to take that, I straight up asked him if he was going on another date. He said no and was willing to show me the invitation. He wants to come see me in the next few days. I know he is still on the dating website (I chose not to renew my profile and am not currently active on it for separate reasons).

What is the appropriate way to handle this situation? We have been seeing eachother going on a month and a half.

Is this considered normal in todays dating world?