Complicated Friendship.....

Ok well theirs this girl that I really like we have known eachother for 8 months now and I have liked her ever since I first met her. Now whats complicated about it is I ask her how she is doing and she says good and she'll tell me "I am good but the whole thing with Joe and me breaking off the engagement a year ago still upsets me and I am trying to get over it. I think I will write of guys for the next 5 years till I am out of college" BUT she goes on dates and I find this out through her friends that she goes out on dates a couple of times a month. She has brought this one guy "Justin" who says they are just friends and he was just interested in our church. He says they arn't dating but they seem kinda cozy. But on the other hand someone asked her how do you feel about "Ruben" liking you and she said "Well I think it's just dandy" but then she'll tell her cousins that she thinks I am too "minourish" (aka too young) BUT I am a year and a half younger than her and she is 20 and I am 18 1/2. On the other hand she tells me things like the fact she wants to have a baby at 27 and she tells me other private things so I feel like shes testing me to see if I am trustworthy.

Now to addon to this her parents have switched from kinda being reclussive with me to asking my family where I was and asking about how I have been and just complimenting me when they talk with me so Idk if maybe the girl I like talks about me at home and her parents want to find out more about me to see if I would be a good match for her. Her mom especially is being extra nice to me now. We go to the same church 3 times a week. I feel like in the near future when I get a few things in my life straitened out that I should ask her out to something like bowling or something that isn't like a real "date" but idk lol. I talked to another one of her cousins and she told me that she thinks the girl I like is used to dating older guys but she doesn't know because she doesn't hear but a small ammount of her dating life. The girl I likes uncle and aunt played 20 questions with me asking about everythign from my schooling,my church life, and my future plans. See I really don't know what to think because of mixed signals alot of people told me to go for it but when I was going to I never got to ask her because they had to leave early because she had to go to college early the next day so :(. I am nervous because she has the funny/goofy personality that I always wanted to find in a girl but the thing is I dont have that personality so I feel awkward trying to hang out with her because I want to be able to make her laugh and stuff but I have a serious personality so they kind of conflict alittle :(.

Anyways a couple more side notes. I have been trying to give her time to heal alittle but also trying to dig to find out how her whole healing process is going. Now the thing is I know she has been testing me to see my reaction to certain statements like the whole "I want to have a baby at 27" thing which at the time seemed like it came out of nowhere and it shocked me and I am afraid she might have noticed that and by that thinks I am too immature to have a real relationship with her. But you know when your a virgin(sorry if this word isnt allowed ill remove it if asked) and then a girl says somethign like that it kind of just feels very awkward to have a girl you like bring that up out of nowhere. Anyways I really like her alot I mean ALOT and everyone says we would be a good match but the thing is idk what to do next it feels like I am at a fork in the road and their is 2 choices 1 ask her out in the very near future 2 or dont ask her out and hope maybe in the future she will see that I am more adult in her eyes. Now Idk what the right thing to do is it just seems like I need to do SOMETHING. I flirt with her and stuff and try to make her know shes special to me but I am afraid that maybe their is somethign I am doing wrong in this situation and just wanted to ask some people who may have been in a situation like this before. I really do love her and dont want to do something to mess it up. Anyways thanks in advance for any advice if you need anymore information I would be glad to supply it if it has to do with this situation. Thank you all and can't wait for a reply :D:D:D:D

• Author

Well heres an update I talked to her brother on Facebook and he told me that the 1 and a half year age difference is probably what is going to keep her from dating me because most people view someone whos over a year younger than them as it being cute and not as a perspective date. Now the thing is I can't keep her out of my mind I feel as if in the future we will date (prob 6 months down the road) but idk maybe thats just cause of how much I like her. Anyways God Bless and please write back asap I want to know ur alls opinion.