What should I do?

A girl at work has been hitting on me for the past two weeks. I have been wanting to ask her out but because we work second shift with rotating weekend days, one week a Saturday the next a Sunday and when I work on a Saturday she works on a Sunday so we have no time.

This week we get a three day weekend due to Easter and I was going to ask her out this week but she didn't show up for work today and I found out that her grandma who had been in a coma had passed away. After I heard the bad news I felt like crap because she was close with her and I know she is probably depressed.

I don't know what to do. Because of the situation I know it's not a good thing to ask her out. What should I do? I am starting to have feelings for her but because of what happened to her I know she is not going to want to deal with anything but grievances and the loss of her grandmother.

It will be very hard for her emotionally to be involved after the death of a loved one.

May I suggest that you comfort her first. Let her know you care for her welfare i.e send a card etc. Be there for her. Listen to her. When the timing is right, then ask her out.

Hope this helps

YOU ASK: "I don't know what to do. Because of the situation I know it's not a good thing to ask her out. What should I do? I am starting to have feelings for her but because of what happened to her I know she is not going to want to deal with anything but grievances and the loss of her grandmother."

Well, I think you're a pretty smart man and have pretty much answered your own question.

If she took off from work due to the death of her grandmother, you would absolutely make a major fool of yourself if you called at her home while everybody was grieving to ask her on a date. Sharp thinking on your part!

So, why don't you know what to do? It's pretty obvious that you go down to a card store, pick up a sympathy card, and write her a kind note of sympathy regarding the death of her grandmother. Mail it to her home, of course. Her home address, if you don't know it, is at the personnel office and I'm sure they'll address it and mail it to her for you if they won't give you her address...under the circumstances.

Then, you wait for another opportunity to ask her out, in a few weeks, after she gets through her initial grief. Why not maybe for lunch or to grab a snack before your shift or something. There are lots of people who are second shift and I'm sure they use their imagination to get together successfully.