work relationships

I was just wanting some feedback from someone else about work relationships. Would I be playing with fire if i pursued it?

We are both pretty mature about things so I don't think the after fact if it did not work would be a problem. We've been really close friends for the last 6 months but now both of us are starting to have feelings for each other.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a successful work relationship?

Thanks for your advise!

If you handle it in a mature fashion and you could handle a possible break up in the same way without letting it affect your working relationship, there should be no harm.

It's seldom a good idea to date a person you work with but why not try it if you think you can pull it off without creating a stir.

Know one ever knows how a r/s will turn out. If your going to think about getting your honey where you get your money, please take things slowly. Find out who it is your getting involved with.

Just consider, for a moment, the absolute worst that could come from a r/s with a co-worker. Double that with daily emotions! Right now the emotions you are feeling, are nice. I believe that pain, hate, rejection, and all the ugly emotions can be alot stronger than love, attraction, and happy emotions.

I did it, I fell with a long time friend and co-worker that Ive worked with on and off for my entire working career.

I thought things would be perfect. We have deep roots for each other, long history filled with fun and laughes. Ten years later we decided to take things to an intimate level.

He changed in a matter of a couple months into somone careless, thoughtless, cold, and into a stranger.

I continue to work with company, I still see him.

but my feelings are full of disgust, pain, & hate for him. I have no respect for him. I never expected to have something like this happen btw us. But I love my job, and even though I can be professional around him on the job, I can have some very hard days. On those days I feel like Im going through an exorcism. NO joke, but I stay strong, I dont lash out at him, I carry out my work and just look at him as an employee even if I feel like knocking him across the room.

I hope you have better luck than I did.

If you handle it in a mature fashion and you could handle a possible break up in the same way without letting it affect your working relationship, there should be no harm. It's seldom a good idea to date a person you work with but why not try it if you think you can pull it off without creating a stir.

Tony- Just wanted to say thanks for your advise about the work relationship post from about 2 weeks ago. ( The guy is my best friend, and have been working together for the last 6 months)

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks! We talked and have been dating for 10 days now. We agreed to play things off at work so that everyone still thinks we are just friends because we don't want our bosses to look at our working habits differently.

So thanks again Tony, once again your advise has really helped me! I haven't been this happy in a long time! :o)

You are quite welcome and thank you for taking the time to post.

But please, both of you, don't name your first male child Tony. There are way too many Tonys running around. I always kind of liked "Butch".

Glad the two of you are doing well together!