is it possible?

I met this guy about 6 years ago at a JROTC competition back when I was a freshman in high school (he was a junior). I felt some sorta connection so I went up and introduced myself and we talked for awhile until I had to go and do my colorguard thing. (I made some of my fellow ROTC cadets mad because I was talking to the "enemy", he was Air Force ROTC and I was Army ROTC :-) and we were competing in the same catagories) Every competition after we sat and talk as long as we could, sometimes for hours. This time was percious because we lived in different states and since I was a freshman I couldnt drive, also with ROTC practices we were always busy. After he graduated he joined the Air Force and got stationed in Shreveport, LA. I didnt get to see him for 4 years, but we talked on the phone and online.

We talked about high school and how I had thought he was cute and that I liked him more then a friend and he said that the feelings were mutual. Well he e-mailed me about a week and a half ago saying he was coming home on leave. On Saturday we got together and spent like 5 hours talking and just having fun, goofing off. I told him that I love him, not necessarily in a romantic way but mainly as a person. And I love being with him.

Now for the problem, I knew from about 6 months ago that he had a girlfriend, Ive even seen pics of her. Every time I talk to him they are having problems. He lives in LA and she lives in Chicago, Il. so they never get to see each other. I would love to be in a relationship with this guy but the gf issue is there. He told me on Sat that they wont be together much longer, she wanted him to come to Chicago this week and he said thats when hes breaking up with her. I dont know if hes just telling me this so I will do some something sexual with him or if he is serious. I have never had any doubt with him until now.

Every since the first time we talked, timing was always off, either I had a bf or he had a gf. I just dont know if I can wait any longer. Ive been out of a long term relationship for over a year and Im tired of the dating sceen. I want to be with him, I want a serious relationship with him!!! Should I wait or find someone else???

Never sit around and wait for anyone. Even though he says he's going to break up with her, you don't know for sure that he will, or when it will end up happening. If he does break up with her, be sure to give him time to get over it, even if he says he doesn't need it. Jumping right into a relationship with you will only hurt things in the long run. Also, it doesn't sound like you live in the same city as him. Long distance relationships are tough, as should be apparent by his problems with his girlfriend.

You can certainly keep him in mind in case the planets ever align and you are both free, but you should definitely be dating other people and seeing what else is out there. Don't sit around and wait. If it's meant to be, it'll happen eventually. Don't sell yourself short in the meantime.

I met this guy about 6 years ago at a JROTC competition back when I was a freshman in high school (he was a junior). I felt some sorta connection so I went up and introduced myself and we talked for awhile until I had to go and do my colorguard thing. (I made some of my fellow ROTC cadets mad because I was talking to the "enemy", he was Air Force ROTC and I was Army ROTC :-) and we were competing in the same catagories) Every competition after we sat and talk as long as we could, sometimes for hours. This time was percious because we lived in different states and since I was a freshman I couldnt drive, also with ROTC practices we were always busy. After he graduated he joined the Air Force and got stationed in Shreveport, LA. I didnt get to see him for 4 years, but we talked on the phone and online.

We talked about high school and how I had thought he was cute and that I liked him more then a friend and he said that the feelings were mutual. Well he e-mailed me about a week and a half ago saying he was coming home on leave. On Saturday we got together and spent like 5 hours talking and just having fun, goofing off. I told him that I love him, not necessarily in a romantic way but mainly as a person. And I love being with him. Now for the problem, I knew from about 6 months ago that he had a girlfriend, Ive even seen pics of her. Every time I talk to him they are having problems. He lives in LA and she lives in Chicago, Il. so they never get to see each other. I would love to be in a relationship with this guy but the gf issue is there. He told me on Sat that they wont be together much longer, she wanted him to come to Chicago this week and he said thats when hes breaking up with her. I dont know if hes just telling me this so I will do some something sexual with him or if he is serious. I have never had any doubt with him until now. Every since the first time we talked, timing was always off, either I had a bf or he had a gf. I just dont know if I can wait any longer. Ive been out of a long term relationship for over a year and Im tired of the dating sceen. I want to be with him, I want a serious relationship with him!!! Should I wait or find someone else???