I have a problem with one of my female friends that is eroding the life out of me. Her and I have been friends for a long time because I'm friends with her brother. I have liked her more than a friend for a long time and I came to find out a couple months ago that she liked me that way too, so I asked her out. We basically hung out for like two weeks and never went on a date or kissed or anything. Then all of a sudden she tells me she doesn't want to date at the time because she needs to get her life back on track. I was so took back by what she said because she seemed to actually care about me. Eventhough it hurt inside I just brushed it off but it still bothered me.

Well, now she has a car and has a steady job which she seems to love. She still kind of flirts with me but I still have this feeling she doesn't want to pursue anything with me and it hurts because I care for her so much. I wish she could see how much she means to me but I think I screwed that up because I acted like I didn't care that she didn't want to date me at the time. I want to tell her how I feel about her but she has this motive that all men are just out for sex because one of her ex's used her for sex. I don't know what to do.

i say you simply tell her how you feel.

if she's a friend, then she should be able to handle this, and shouldn't assume you're just out for sex. tell her you made a mistake by not telling her your true feelings before, but you're finally ready to.

GO FOR IT and GOOD LUCK!!!

I have a problem with one of my female friends that is eroding the life out of me. Her and I have been friends for a long time because I'm friends with her brother. I have liked her more than a friend for a long time and I came to find out a couple months ago that she liked me that way too, so I asked her out. We basically hung out for like two weeks and never went on a date or kissed or anything. Then all of a sudden she tells me she doesn't want to date at the time because she needs to get her life back on track. I was so took back by what she said because she seemed to actually care about me. Eventhough it hurt inside I just brushed it off but it still bothered me. Well, now she has a car and has a steady job which she seems to love. She still kind of flirts with me but I still have this feeling she doesn't want to pursue anything with me and it hurts because I care for her so much. I wish she could see how much she means to me but I think I screwed that up because I acted like I didn't care that she didn't want to date me at the time. I want to tell her how I feel about her but she has this motive that all men are just out for sex because one of her ex's used her for sex. I don't know what to do.