Friends Vs Lovers

1. "Are lovers generally best friends ?"

Not necessarily. I don't know if there is any research on this subject but, as anything else, some lovers are best friends as well, some lovers are just friends, some are acquaintances, and some don't really know each other very well at all.

2. "Can you best friend be your lover ?"

Absolutely. Hopefully, that's the way it is most of the time and that's the way it's most fulfilling. But understand that this friendship must sit atop a platform of romance, respect, caring, committment, communication, etc. for it to work out over a period of time.

Friends who become lovers is an ideal situation if they can pull it off.

So what do you think about a couple who become great friends and lovers at the same time. Then sometime after the female partner begins to feel/think the male is more of a great friend (loving friend) then a true lover, and the female eventually decides that to be the case, and ceases the relationship on that basis???

Of course! My guy is both my lover AND best friend. There is no one I trust more to confide in, no one else I can count on more for support and honest feedback. I tell him EVERYTHING! Afterall, who else can I trust with my secrets?My girlfriends all have big mouths! ;)

Return question:

Do you think men gossip?

A few questions worded differently. Are lovers generally best friends ? Can you best friend be your lover ? Suggestions/Comments

I have found that my male friends in OZ would rarely gossip about the ones they love.

However, I'd expect alot of gossip and crap about girls we are not so serious about, like the party girls.

People do what they feel they should do. Some would remain good friends in that case if both were mature and could handle it. For others, one considers it best to part.