Does physical attraction ever go away?

I am trying to be friends with a guy I dated shortly. There are no hard feelings, and we are taking things slow. He invites me out with his friends, and I sometimes accept. I truly want to be his friend.

The only problem is, though intellectually and emotionally, I know we are not suited for a relationship, I am still very attracted to him physically (and him to me) and this has resulted in a couple slip ups in terms of sex. It's fun and I don't feel bad about it afterwards, but I know this is a recipe for disaster if we are every truly to be friends.

In other people's experience, have you found that physical attraction fades? Can you force it to go away?

Damn biology.

The attraction will always be there. You can be FWB, but not "friends" in its purest sense. One of you will always want to do the other, and sometimes both.

the oldest philosophers had a lot to say about a relationship.. they said that the first thing that attracts two persons, is a physical attraction and that as the time passes by the physicall appearance takes another level, that you look more at each others entire being, as to just the physical aspect.