! Very awkward situation.

Jack-Torrance

Jack-Torrance

Hello everyone, my 1st post here.:D

OK, here's the problem: There are 2 girls in my class who are best friends, lets call them, X and Y.

Two nights ago I was speaking to Y on msn (I like Y more than X) and told her how I felt about her and told her that I like her.

We both came to the decision that a relationship wouldn't work out because of commitment issues, both going to uni later this year in different parts of the country. We were both kool with it and still talk like friends.

The next day, X spoke to me on msn and and told me she likes me. I told X we should just be buddies. My personal reason was because i'd only told her friend the previous night that I liked her and although nothing is going on between me and Y, I didn't think it would look good if I took on X's offer one night after I'd told Y I like her. It would look like I'm trying to get them both into bed.

Y was off today but X was in and she was acting cold towards me. How do I deal with this? I don't want to ruin their friendship and I'm feeling pretty bad right now.

How should I deal with this situation because there will be an awkward tension between the three of us when we're all in.

Thanks in advance to any replies.

Did you tell X your reason for wanting to just be friends? more than likely, X was acting coldly toward you beecause she felt rejected, not necessarily because there is tension between her and Y. Is there tension between you and Y after your talk? She would probably be the best one to talk to to find out what is up with X.