being rejected by a friend has turned me bitter..

ever since being rejected by a friend of mine (I was being a bit too forward), i can help but feel bitter and ill about life in general. I love to see her and talk and all, but i still have a bad taste in my mouth after that event and have basically let her know that i have moved on from liking her that way, but in reality, i still have feelings for her, but will NOT tell her. should i just deal with it and continue being her friend or just shun her and try to stay as far away as possible? thanks.

ever since being rejected by a friend of mine (I was being a bit too forward), i can help but feel bitter and ill about life in general. I love to see her and talk and all, but i still have a bad taste in my mouth after that event and have basically let her know that i have moved on from liking her that way, but in reality, i still have feelings for her, but will NOT tell her. should i just deal with it and continue being her friend or just shun her and try to stay as far away as possible? thanks.

Stay away! Meet other girls! Do you have other options, or was she your only one? You may have what's called "one-itis"

haha. "one-itis". could you explain more about that.

In a nutshell, it's when you feel you have no options for women, so you start to develop feelings for the only one who shows you attention. I have some great links for you that I'd rather PM when your PMs come online. It takes a little while on this board (which i still think is retarded). <rolls eyes>

If that's what's going on with you, you need to tear-down and rebuild your entire self-image and frame of behavior around other people. I was there, I speak from experience.

• Author

yeah please PM me when the link comes up. I have gotten back to the friend zone after an awkward week or two of silence. But still, I must find a way to change something.

In a nutshell, it's when you feel you have no options for women, so you start to develop feelings for the only one who shows you attention. I have some great links for you that I'd rather PM when your PMs come online. It takes a little while on this board (which i still think is retarded). <rolls eyes>

If that's what's going on with you, you need to tear-down and rebuild your entire self-image and frame of behavior around other people. I was there, I speak from experience.

This is good advice, and I used to be there myself. Gotta keep options open.

Maybe you could continue to see this person as a friend but it might do some good to go out and seek other people to date first. If you really like this person and it tears you up to see her in the arms of another guy, then maybe you should only see this person occasionally, rarely or not at all.

yeah please PM me when the link comes up. I have gotten back to the friend zone after an awkward week or two of silence. But still, I must find a way to change something.

The first thing you have to do is give up on that girl and work other girls. Hell, even if it's only for the purpose of bringing another girl around her so you can try to make her jealous. ;)

• Author

ah. that could be interesting. but honestly, i would rather stay a friend with her, that is, until I see her flirting with other guys, and then i would find other women to make her jealous and see really what she thinks of that.

ah. that could be interesting. but honestly, i would rather stay a friend with her, that is, until I see her flirting with other guys, and then i would find other women to make her jealous and see really what she thinks of that.

Honestly... the best piece of advice I have got was one of my female friends complaining about her guy friends and the way they treat women. These guys get a lot of girls, so I listened up. She said "they treat women like they're all replaceable."

The town I'm in has sooo many hott girls I don't know what to do. I can relax, and any girl I meet, I don't worry about the outcome, because I know if I screw it up, there will always be another one shortly.

• Author

you have definately been in this territory more than i have man. the hardest part for me is to let it go. i know the more i think about her and the more i get jealous it will (emotionally) cripple me and leave me even more bitter than i already am.

i didnt tell you this earlier, but it was really my fault that the rejection happened. i shot myself in the foot. it is a good story and i wish i could tell you more about it. what is up with the PM?

you have definately been in this territory more than i have man. the hardest part for me is to let it go. i know the more i think about her and the more i get jealous it will (emotionally) cripple me and leave me even more bitter than i already am.

i didnt tell you this earlier, but it was really my fault that the rejection happened. i shot myself in the foot. it is a good story and i wish i could tell you more about it. what is up with the PM?

Love Shack makes new users wait for a while before getting PM privileges... idiotic, if you ask me.