What's so special about a male who doesn't smile?

What is it that a girl/woman is interested in a boy/guy specifically when she doesn't often see him smile (or laugh)? Is it that the male is quiet and made the opposite sex feel curious about him and get the impression that he might be hiding something that holds her interest?

Is there more to this story?

Personally, I hate my smile, but Im only reminded of that when it's picture time.

Anyone that doesn't smile or laugh has no personality and is a real drag, or seriously has something wrong with them.

Some people are just very emotionally muted, in control, and sort of give you this half-smile that hardly feels warm. I know a girl that goes ga ga for this sort of "strong, silent type." I think her taste in men blows, but then to each their own. I've met several of her prototype ideal men. I can't wait to get out of the room and away from them.

What is it that a girl/woman is interested in a boy/guy specifically when she doesn't often see him smile (or laugh)? Is it that the male is quiet and made the opposite sex feel curious about him and get the impression that he might be hiding something that holds her interest?

Who knows? Give me someone who smiles and laughs, anyday. The dour look doesn't display the greatest sense of humour.

My husband laughs like the mad scientist and I love it. However, the strong, silent type is so sexy. There's something so mysteriously intense about them that can be so seductive.

The strong, silent type is only nice in the movies. In person it becomes the won't talk to me, aloof type.

There's verbal diarrhea and then there's someone who is a good conversationalist. I would go insane with someone who's dour and sits like a lump and grunts, when spoken to.

Being too chatty is when there is no silence at all during the time you are with someone else. The conversation is littered with long winded stories full of unimportant details and lots of me, me, me information. No weird dream goes unexamined and no trip to the store is beyond a full essay. That's the other extreme. No one likes being around that.

There's verbal diarrhea and then there's someone who is a good conversationalist. I would go insane with someone who's dour and sits like a lump and grunts, when spoken to.

That's the sulky-broody type, not strong at all and too broody to talk unless you too are broody and sulky and everything sucks. :laugh:

That's the sulky-broody type, not strong at all and too broody to talk unless you too are broody and sulky and everything sucks. :laugh:

Setting: Two people at the dinner table reading the paper.

Convo:

Woman - chirp, chirp, chirp

Man - grunt

Woman - chirp?

Man - silence