Childhood friend... or more???

iwonderwhyme

I have a known "Matthew" since we were 5. We lived very close to each other until we were college age, and we have been through a lot together during those years. He was my first kiss in grade school, In high school, we became friends with benefits sophomore year thru senior year, but it was hardly steady, with things only happening a few times a year between us, and it never progressed to sex. Things were tense during those years, as we were in different cliques, our status was never really accepted by either of our groups of peers. Once we headed our seperate ways to college, it became hard for us to keep in contact, and we lost touch for a few years. Recently, we came into contact again via myspace, and our relationship started off great. I helped him with his relationship problems and he helped me with mine, until the day came when we both broke up with our significant others. We were both devestated, and one day when I went to his house so we could talk, our chemistry picked up right where it had left off and before we knew it, we were having sex, something neither of us had planned on. We talked afterwards and agreed that we should keep it as a one time thing, because we didnt want to ruin our friendship etc. Time passed, and now, almost 6 months after this has happened, this is still occasionally happening and i dont know at all what to make of it. I dont know if he has feelings for me or if we are both just taking advantage of the situation, the chemistry btwn us is so strong, but sometimes it is just weird... sometimes he wont respond to the messages I send him until days later (which he used to respond right away all the time) because he says he feels funny talking about our relationship sometimes and I dont know how to fix that. I used to be the person always running around and trying to fix things and make our situation easier on us, but recently I have stopped doing that and I can tell that he doesnt like it at all. If I dont contact him after we have sex for a few days, he automatically thinks I am mad at him, calls and texts me incessantly to apologize and make sure we're ok. I just dont think he knows what he wants to be honest. I dont know what to think of this situation. Does he want to just be my friend? Or does he want more and he's just confused? Please help so i can get my life together.... thank you guys!!!!

user_offline.gif

The only way to know for sure is to ask him. It sounds like he is confused and is not sure how to precede. I wouldn't push it but if you decide you would like more than a FWB situation then you will have to spell it out to him and see if he's on-board.

I do know that relationships are dynamic and they change as people change.