10 years of friendship lost?

netguy1986

I am in love with someone who is/was my best friend. As the title suggests, I have known her almost 10 years (I am 21). I am not sure what to consider her anymore. After a few years of knowing her, I developed feelings for her. I saw her everyday at school, so I was around her alot. About 6 years ago, I told her I had feelings for her, and things have started to go down hill ever since. She told me her feelings for me were only as a friend. I have always ahd trouble accepting this, as it really seemed otherwise. I would've never mentioned anything if I thought she didn't feel the same way.

Well, here I am years later, and I consider myself in love with her. This is problematic, since she doesn't have those types of feelings for me. We now don't see each other everyday, as we go to different colleges. However, my feelings seem to be even stronger now.

Here is what I am really needing help with. She has been studiyng abroad, and it's been almost a year since I've seen her. We talk online, but with her being gone, at least recently I don't think about her all the time. I am finally considering the fact that I should probably try to move on, as it's not likely she will ever love me. I am wondering if maybe when she gets back, if I should not see her. Maybe I should break off communication for a while. This may give me the chance I need to get over her. I am wondering if this seems like a logical thing to do. It's really hard because this person has been my close friend and someone I love, and I would really hate to loose them. Theoretically it seems our friendship would be stronger if I can get over her. However, it seems like doing this could also destroy the friendship for good. Either way, I feel like maybe I should get some space while there has already been a barrier. If I continue to feel as I do, I will never be happy without her. I am thinking maybe this is my chance to maybe find some happiness.

Sorry this was long, I am just really confused right now. Should I not see her when she gets back? I think she would understand. We all deserve a chance at happiness, right? It's just if I continue to see her, I am reminded of why I feel the way I do, and I don't think I will ever move on.

I

am finally considering the fact that I should probably try to move on, as it's not likely she will ever love me.

Good advice.

I am wondering if maybe when she gets back, if I should not see her.

You shouldn't see her until your romantic ideas have ended. This means finding a girl that does like you romantically.

She likes you as a friend but doesn't have that spark of romance for you. If you continue she will just get mad and end any association with you. You will lose a love interest as well as a friend so I would stop hanging out with her and find someone else that will have feeling s for you.

• Author
netguy1986
I

Good advice.

You shouldn't see her until your romantic ideas have ended. This means finding a girl that does like you romantically.

She likes you as a friend but doesn't have that spark of romance for you. If you continue she will just get mad and end any association with you. You will lose a love interest as well as a friend so I would stop hanging out with her and find someone else that will have feeling s for you.

Can anyone second this advice? Is it best that I not see her when she comes back from being away?